Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Back To Reality

Sorry I've been MIA for so long. I have a good excuse but I don't think many of you will have much sympathy for me.

The 3rd week in May, Lydia and I were invited by my parents to take an all expenses paid trip to Fort Walton Beach with them. We swam, built sand castles and visited the Gulfarium.


After returning we had a few days to rest and get ready for our Memorial Day weekend trip to Center Hill lake. We got to spend a couple of days on a beautiful houseboat owned by our good friends Eric & Trisha. Lydia went tubing for the first time and spent hours going down the water-slide on the back of their boat. Dave went water skiing for the first time in 15 years and a couple of days later was reminded of his age by his 41 year old back muscles. (I know it makes me an irresponsible blogger, but I forgot my camera on this trip so no pictures to share. Sorry.)

Upon returning from that trip we spent another few days at home before packing up again. This time we headed to Santa Rosa Beach with our good friends Steve & Nicole and their 3 kids. This is our 4th year vacationing together. We rented a house with a private pool and spent some very hot days in the sun watching dolphins playing in the ocean and our kids playing in the sand. Dave had a severe case of swimmers ear for half of the trip and couldn't get in the water the entire time. You didn't think we'd go an entire vacation without an emergency room trip did you?

These are some of my favorite shots:

Playing with Daddy


A concert at the Seaside pavilion


Lydia and her "vacation siblings"



A preview of this year's Christmas card


It's been fun but it's also been exhausting. I know. I know. You all feel so sorry for me.

No comments: