The first week of March is done and so far, so good. Everyone in our house is well, warm weather is approaching and Duck Dynasty is back. We are a blessed people.
Not that the week hasn't been without it's challenges. Our ice maker stopped working so we've been drinking lukewarm sweet tea at dinner every night. Sure, we could have invested in a bag of ice, but I always assumed Handiman would get it and he assumed I would get it and ......we spent the week drinking lukewarm sweet tea.
I tried to put a positive spin on it by pointing out that it was a very European thing to do. But our country is already becoming a little too European for Handiman's liking so that didn't really help matters. The good news is the repairman came yesterday. The bad news is we won't have our new ice maker for a couple more weeks. So, European sweet tea for everybody!
In other news, we watched the first installment of "The Bible" on the History channel, along with millions of others. While I was a little disappointed that the heart of God wasn't really made clear through the story telling, I was excited at how The Ocho reacted. It's the first time she's ever seen these stories played out with any sort of realism. Most of the Biblical movies she's seen have been animated and involve dancing vegetables. I did laugh when she nonchalantly said to the spies as they were sneaking into Jericho "you guys better watch out. There are some angry peas over there."
All in all, we're excited to watch again this week. It's caused all of us to look in our Bibles to check their accuracy and refresh our memories. That can't be a bad thing.
The only other big event of the week was Lydia's friend Chase coming for a sleepover. Friday was the end of our quarter at school with an early dismissal. I picked the girls up and we had some Chick Fil A before heading to a matinee of "Oz the Great and Powerful". As you may know, my daughter is a bit of a "Wizard of Oz" fan and both girls were really excited about the movie. We all really enjoyed it but I would caution anybody with really young kids to think twice. If you thought the flying monkeys in the original were creepy, you'll be in for a real treat. These monkeys are C-R-E-E-P-Y. And the fight scenes are pretty intense. And the witches are very....wicked.
After the movie we went out for fro-yo and then home for fun and frivolity. The girls disappeared for a while and when they came down for dinner they presented us with what they'd been working on. The Ocho has always made it a practice to incorporate a music video into most of her sleepovers. It usually involves she and a friend improvising bad choreography to a song while I record with my camera. But, oh how times have changed. Turns out, they don't need me anymore. Kids today can do it all on their own.
My friends will not be surprised that after viewing the video I demanded Ocho download the app Chase used to make it. And not just so Ocho could make videos with her friends. But so I can make videos with mine. I mean, how fun is this?
All in all, we're excited to watch again this week. It's caused all of us to look in our Bibles to check their accuracy and refresh our memories. That can't be a bad thing.
The only other big event of the week was Lydia's friend Chase coming for a sleepover. Friday was the end of our quarter at school with an early dismissal. I picked the girls up and we had some Chick Fil A before heading to a matinee of "Oz the Great and Powerful". As you may know, my daughter is a bit of a "Wizard of Oz" fan and both girls were really excited about the movie. We all really enjoyed it but I would caution anybody with really young kids to think twice. If you thought the flying monkeys in the original were creepy, you'll be in for a real treat. These monkeys are C-R-E-E-P-Y. And the fight scenes are pretty intense. And the witches are very....wicked.
After the movie we went out for fro-yo and then home for fun and frivolity. The girls disappeared for a while and when they came down for dinner they presented us with what they'd been working on. The Ocho has always made it a practice to incorporate a music video into most of her sleepovers. It usually involves she and a friend improvising bad choreography to a song while I record with my camera. But, oh how times have changed. Turns out, they don't need me anymore. Kids today can do it all on their own.
My friends will not be surprised that after viewing the video I demanded Ocho download the app Chase used to make it. And not just so Ocho could make videos with her friends. But so I can make videos with mine. I mean, how fun is this?



No comments:
Post a Comment