
This picture means the world to me. My mom took it when we were in the hospital and it's taken me this long to have it scanned and saved on my computer. It's special for obvious reasons, but also because it is the only picture we have of the four of us together. I don't even remember it being taken but I'm so glad that it was.
This is my sweet family. We were in the darkest, deepest valley of our lives but all you can see is love.
My husband showed me what a real man of God looks like that week. He cried from the depth of his soul and gave more love to that sweet baby in 6 days than many children know in a lifetime. He took care of me and let me know beyond a shadow of a doubt that we can make it through anything.
That blond beauty is Lydia. She had her biggest dream come true. She had a sister. The hardest thing I've ever had to do was tell her that we couldn't take her home. I'll never forget her face. She just smiled and said "I wish she didn't have to go. I'll miss her but I know Jesus will make her better." Her heart was broken but her faith was strong.
Then there is our sweet baby Rebekah. She only lived 6 days on this earth but she touched our hearts in ways we could have never imagined. She taught me what a privilege it is to be a mother. It was a special privilege to be her mother.
And so I wanted to share it with all of you. Our one and only family portrait. My most prized possession.


2 comments:
That would be my most prized possession too!
This entry is timely for me because I was just thinking of Rebekah the other night. Thanks for sharing. And I LOVE the family portrait!
Love to all,
Gena
Post a Comment