Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Need A Laugh?



My last couple of entries have been a little on the serious side so I thought I'd lighten the mood a bit. It's almost summer and if you're looking for some pool-side reading I've got a suggestion for you.

I've met a lot of cool people since I moved to Nashville. This lady is one of the coolest. We met at our kid's school picnic last fall and I immediately knew that she was way too cool to be my friend. She still invited me over for coffee though. I found we had a lot in common. We both grew up in small towns. We're both conservatives. We're both married to guys named David. She's a successful author and speaker. I'm.....not.

Nancy French is one of the most interesting people I've ever had a conversation with and by far one of the funniest. She's actually the kind of woman that I've always aspired to be. Highly intelligent, well-spoken, witty and kind. She also makes a mean peanut butter chocolate chip cookie. Her book is called "A Red State of Mind; How a Catfish Queen Reject became a Liberty Belle".

The book is full of hilarious stories about what it's like to be a conservative Christian in the liberal northeast. It really opened my eyes to the foreign land that is New England.

There aren't many things that excite me enough to recommend to others but I highly recommend this. You can check out her out at nancyfrench.com.

1 comment:

Nancy French said...

Love the new blog! (Obvi -- I'm on it...)

Thanks,
Nancy