Over the past month each 1st - 5th grade class has been holding bees at school to determine who would be invited to represent our school at the state bee. Each class is sending 2 representatives and the Ocho was first place in her classroom! In all, only 20 kids will be going.
Of course, this means we have about 500 words to learn in 3 weeks. And I'll need to take a day off to accompany her to Jackson. And there's the possibility of her freaking out when she realizes she's going to get stared at. By judges. And, there is the inevitable cry-fest when she messes up and gets eliminated.
But we'll not dwell on any of that right now.
I just hope she doesn't get the word "garage".



4 comments:
Congrats to Ocho! and let's hope they don't require her to hold a participant number. Hopefully, they will give her a sticker to put on the front of her shirt like they do on American Idol. I think you should blog about some of the words. I would like to see what they expect out of 2nd graders these days to see if I can keep up.
Way to go Ocho! You'll do great! Just smile even if the sign upside down! :)
YAY, Ocho!
We had the Spelling Bee experience last year. He got out on his second word and there was no meltdown. And discovered he never wanted to go back. So far, so good. :-)
Great job Ocho! I do find it funny that at T's school - they think that a spelling bee is not an age appropriate activity. The literacy coach decided that - interesting isn't it?
Post a Comment