Monday I woke up with a mild stomach ache. By 10:00 I was doubled over in the hallway at school trying to tough it out. By 10:30, 5 kids were in the office lined up to go home after puking their guts out. I was "advised" I should go home too. I came home, took some medicine and spent the rest of the day in and out of consciousness.
Tuesday I felt better and headed back to work. This was the only day of the week I was really looking forward to. 3 of my 5 computer classes would be gone on field trips and special assemblies so I was to have lots of time to work on the dreaded curriculum guide. Of course, by the time I got to school it was snowing. Big fat, slushy, snowing. And all those field trips were canceled. So, not only can I add "snowstorm" to my car-line duty repertoire but I found myself with a day full of classes and NO LESSON PLANS. All kinds of awesome.
Wednesday I was in charge of the 3rd grade Valentine Party. Of course, one parent who signed up to bring food didn't show so I found myself 10 minutes before party time making popcorn in the faculty lounge. This was also a half-day of school for the kids which might sound like a positive thing until you hear those two little words every teacher fears: Faculty Inservice. The remainder of the day I was sitting alone in our library with a years worth of lesson plans and the Tennessee State Standards for Technology staring me down. I might as well have been trying to translate The Spanish Inquisition or Lady Gaga lyrics.
Thursday was the day that The Great Head Cold of 2010 reared it's ugly head. Not only did I have to spend an entire day in accreditation meetings reading Appendix H and looking at a Physics Curriculum guide meant to be a model for my own (Physics? Really? Why not Aerospace Engineering? ) but I had to do it with sinus pressure so severe it felt like somebody threw a brick at my face.
So, Friday is FINALLY here and I only have one more day of Inservice to survive before I get a precious 3 day weekend to recover. God bless Tylenol Sinus and Blonde Jokes. They are what shall see me through.
So now, the weeks installment of The Friday Funny:
On the first day of training for parachute jumping, a blonde listened intently to the instructor. He told them to start preparing for landing when they are at 300 feet.The blonde asked, "How am I supposed to know when I'm at 300 feet?"
"That's a good question. When you get to 300 feet, you can recognize the faces of people on the ground."
After pondering his answer, she asked, "What happens if there's no one there I know?"



1 comment:
Aaahhh- I do miss those inservice days.....teehee!! Just kidding!!! The inservice that put me over the edge one year not so long ago was when the speaker from Central Office came in to teach us how to use the World Book Encyclopedia online. More importantly, she thought it necessary to teach us all how to use the mouse, going step by step on how to point and click... I mean, really? What century do we live in?? I would have rather beat my head against the wall than to have been sitting through that!! But hey-- the bright side is you get paid to endure inservice.
I so sympathize with you and having to work on your curriculum guide, the TN blue book, and lesson planning... one of the "highlights" of being an educator, I guess. Hang in there!
Post a Comment