Last week we woke up to about two inches of snow on the ground. In Lydia's eyes, it might as well have been 5 feet. She had us out running around in it at 8:00am. Thirty minutes later our faces were cold, our clothes were wet and our noses was running. We were over it! We built 3 very tiny, pitiful snowmen on the bench of her play set. We had a snowball fight and she and her Daddy made snow angels. We made a few memories and then we came inside.
This along with a lot of other things lately have caused me to think about a young mother in my church. She's 31 years old with 4 young children that range in age for 7 to 1. She was diagnosed with ovarian cancer while carrying her youngest son. The doctor's have given her about a month to live. I've only met her a couple of times and yet her faith is the most extraordinary I have ever known personally. I watch her from the choir loft on Sunday mornings. She sits in the back of the sanctuary in her wheel chair, frail and weak with her hands lifted in praise and I know she means it to the core of her being.
I have so much to be thankful for and every moment I have with my family is a gift. No matter how cold and miserable I may think I am, I'm still able to play with my daughter. What a blessing!
Take a moment today and pray for Jenny Carlisle. She's asked God to heal her and I can do no less than ask the same. If you would like to know more you can visit caringbridge.org/visit/jennycarlisle.
Jeremiah 29:11


No comments:
Post a Comment