Like millions of others over the past week, I have been captivated by the death of one of the most tragic public figures in recent history. It is remarkable that so much tragedy could be associated with one single woman. Then again, it makes perfect sense. She was a woman who had given herself over to every kind of evil. She had been given every "good" thing this world has to offer. Wealth, fame, beauty. In the end none of it mattered. It seems that she never experienced true peace, happiness or unconditional love. Even in death there is no peace.
Last night, Jenny Carlisle went home to be with Jesus and received the healing He had promised her. You won't hear her story on the news tonight but those of us who knew her will be telling her story for years to come. The legacy she has left to her children is the greatest any mother could hope for. She trusted Christ until the very end. Her faith never wavered and her love never decreased. I had the privilege of meeting her a few short weeks ago. I had gone to the hospital with some friends to pray for her. She was surrounded by her husband, her mom and all four of her children. She was thin, pale and weak but she was beautiful. Her earthly rewards were all around her. Today she has been given her heavenly rewards and she's laid them at the feet of her Savior.
Jenny has peace, joy and healing. She didn't measure up to the world's standards of beauty, wealth or success. Praise God she didn't! If I were given a choice on which woman I would want to resemble on this earth, I'd choose Jenny.
"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting: but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Give her the reward she has earned and let her works bring her praise at the city gate." Proverbs 31: 30,31
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Well said... tears are flowing. Not just at the sadness I feel for her family, but at the joy in knowing that she is getting to be at the feet of Jesus. Like you said... I strive to be more like her!
Post a Comment