Monday, February 5, 2007

Everybody's Doing It


I'll be honest up front. I started this blog because of my girlfriends. They were all blogging and I was feeling a bit left out. Kind of like when I was in high school and everybody had seen "Blue Lagoon" but me. Very uncool. But just like "Blue Lagoon" I just couldn't justify it in my mind. Then it occurred to me that I did have a few friends that I rarely see or talk to. This could be a good way of keeping them updated. I could also use it as a creative outlet and put those college creative writing courses that my mom paid for to use. I also have family scattered throughout the South that might find it interesting to see what ever happened to me. Those all sound like valid reasons to create a blog. But let's face it. I have succumbed to the "every body's doing it" mentality that is destroying the moral fabric of society. Oh well. At least I'll sound hip telling people to check my blog.

If anyone who reads this gets anything out of it at all, I hope it's this. My family has a blessed life, a gracious God and way too much fun.

5 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh my gosh, you are my coolest friend ever. None of my friends have their own blog! Your insight on having a blog may pressure me into having my own blog.....uh oh, did you hear a rip in my moral fabric?! :-)

Nicole @ Four Real said...

Ok, of course yours it too cute! We are so glad we get to be part of livin the wood life everyday! By the way, I still hate cats!

Anonymous said...

I have to say you are my first and only friend so far with a blog but I have a feeling that may change in the near furture. I have heard about people having blogs but I thought it was just something the younger generation was doing (Oh how old I feel right now). What a great way to keep up with everyone since we are all scattered all over the place. Looking forward to keeping up with the family.

Big Nanny said...

I'm so glad you took those creative writing classes;). I'm glad I was finally able to peer pressure you into doing something. It's not really that "everybody's doing it", it's that your coolest friends were doing it:). Who hates cats??? I feel the need to go through some magazines and cut out some cat pictures for someone.

Gena said...

Hmmmm, you were my coolest friend ever even before you became a blogger but I think maybe the coolness factor of having a blog is substantially reduced when your mom calls it "too cute"!!!!!

So, who are these people who blog? And where in the world do they find the time? I guess I'll start mine when I retire. Will it still be this cool then?