Tuesday, April 24, 2007

George's Big Adventure

This past Friday was a big deal around our house. Not only was it Lydia's very first field day but it was also time for George to visit. George is her class mascot and each child has taken a turn taking him home throughout the year. He's on his last round of visits for the school year and this time he went in alphabetical order. (Lydia got her first lesson in what was the first of many times she'll be last.) We thought the day would never arrive but finally it did. We wanted George's last adventure to be great. We had a plan and executed it flawlessly.

As many of you know, we are big Titans fans. It just so happened that 2 players, 2 cheerleaders and T-Rac, the Titan's mascot (the one who infamously mowed down a player for the New Orleans Saints with a golf cart last season) would all be in our neck of the woods and we were determined that George would meet them.

Here are George & Lydia with the cheerleaders. I think their names were Natalie and Denise. I really only took the picture with them to be polite. Is that wrong?


This is Kyle Vanden Bosch. a defensive end. He's a little scary but nice.


Here's T-Rac. He scared the life out of Lydia.


George went back to school with pictures and autographs in his adventure journal. I think Lydia's teacher and her classmates were very excited. Lydia got her picture taken by the local paper while she was at the autograph table. I'll let you know if it ever shows up in print.

On another note, I found out through my more blog-savvy friends that I didn't have my comments set up correctly and many of you probably couldn't post your sarcastic replies to me. I think I fixed it so leave me a comment!

2 comments:

Tammy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tammy said...

What?! You have friends that leave sarcastic comments.....

I love the pictures!