It's been 19 days since my last post. I am ashamed because I have no great excuse. No life-threatening emergency. No catastrophic occurrence. I didn't even take a vow of silence. I've just been a little angry.
You see, I had this great idea to create a video montage of our summer to post here. I thought it would be fun to share all the memories we made as a family and post a few really embarrassing pictures of some friends who check this regularly. It was all set to music ("All for One" from HSM2....of course) and told the story of our summer: trips to the beach, trips to the lake, pool parties, play days, VBS. It was really awesome. Trust me on this. You'll have to trust me because you're never going to actually see it. Every time I've tried to post it I get one of those error messages that links you to some "support center" that links you back to your Google sign-in. Whatever. I've been attempting to post every other day for 5 stinking weeks and NOTHING!!! So you see, blogger and I have not been on good terms.
The only reason I'm here now is because my biggest blog fan just started a blog and noted me as her inspiration. She's actually my very best friend from college and hands-down one of the funniest people I've ever known. I felt so proud when I saw her layout, her family photo, her first post. I decided that it was a sign that I should get to typing. Perhaps there are others out there who need inspiration. If so, I could certainly link them to some great sites.
The other reason I haven't been posting is that I've been a little overwhelmed with what to share. It's kind of like getting behind on laundry. I've got piles and piles of stuff gathered around and I'm just not sure where to start. It's interesting that my last post was about the Deeper Still Conference. I honestly believe that weekend will be a benchmark in my life. A time I will always look back on and remember that a huge change took place for me.
Over the weeks since the conference I have had a real desperation for God's Word. It's been a huge struggle for me the past couple of years to read scripture without getting sad or angry at God for all the things our family has been through. I realize that wasn't a very mature reaction for someone who's known Jesus since she was a little girl but I'm just layin it out there for you guys. I've been in a deep pit and God chose to use this conference to pull me out.
Shortly after, one of my "fruits" (see previous post - My Fruit Bowl) invited me to a Bible Study she's teaching;"Discerning the Voice of God" by Priscilla Shirer. It's all about knowing how to utilize the Holy Spirit in your life. It has been feeding me spiritually in all the ways that I need and confirming God's presence in my life in ways that are simply astounding. I'll just say this. Everyday since I've started I have prayed that God will show off for me. I ask Him to do something bold and wonderful and force me to recognize Him in it. It's been 3 weeks and I can tell you He has not failed me yet. Some things might seem small measured by our jaded human standards but some things are just God things. No other way around it. I know that in the coming weeks and months I'll have some really great things to share about what a show-off He really is. Take it from someone who knows, He is faithful in all things.
As far as an update on the family, I can't think of anything mind blowing to post. Dave's started yet another renovation project that involves the great room. It's a tiny bit inconvenient to have a huge construction site in the middle of your house but I'm dealing with it. And, per usual, it will be amazing once he's finished.
Lydia's doing great in school and she's started playing both hands together in piano lessons. Good times. Her sweet piano teacher, who also happens to be a friend of mine,(Hi Michelle! if you're reading this you must post a comment.) has promised to teach her "Fabulous" from HSM2. I mean, come on. She's already Sharpay personified. Does she really need to be able to accompany herself?
As for me, I'm staying busy around the house and working at school. I also feel like my life is back on track since "The Office" season premier was last night. (For fellow fans I will say - PB&J rocks, RIP Sprinkles and Support the Rabid.)
After saying all of this I will confess I'm still a little pouty about my video but I'm going to embrace humility with blogger and call a truce.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Hehehehe...Every "Sharpay" has to have her theme music! :)
Welcome back sista', you were missed!
Post a Comment