But it's no matter. I've decided to take a little time today and catch all 3 of them up on what's been happening on our little corner of The Hill. (That's short for Spring Hill and saying it makes me feel a little bit like a character on an MTV reality series as opposed to what I really am which is a character in need of a reality TV series.)
What's Handiman been up to? I'm glad you asked.
He's spent most of his days improving the quality of people's lives through superior home service consultations. (That's code for selling them stuff for their house). In the past few weeks some of those people have included some family members and close, personal friends like the Ellis family and Gena a/k/a "The Chief". In fact, when her garbage disposal broke she called him and it was repaired within a week. Of course, my garbage disposal broke around the same time and I'm still waiting for a new one. I've given him until the end of the day to fix it or I'm going to call his company's service center and put in a formal request. I'm not even kidding.
I suppose the demands his job make on his time aren't all bad. He's still charming the little old ladies. Friday he came home with a freshly baked loaf of banana bread. I would have preferred he come home with a brand new garbage disposal. Oh well.
What about The Little Ocho?
Well, she's been very busy being a 4th grader which includes things like studying for tests, writing book reports, enduring the playground drama of the day, rolling her eyes when I mention one of the boys in her class, practicing the recorder (oh the blog post that will come the day after her first school performance! Simply. Can't. Wait.), giggling over how cute Nick Jonas is and answering every question I pose to her with one word answers like "Good", "Fine" and "Yes".
How was your day? "Good" How did the history test go? "Fine" Do you plan to ignore me like this until you turn 25 and have your first baby and have no choice but to ask for my help? "Yes"
Now for Molly's status update.
Molly the Chiweenie has been busy doing what she does best. She naps. She eats. She pees. She naps again. However, she has managed to take time out of her busy napping schedule to escape the Fortress Fence 2 times in the past couple of months. The last time was this past Friday morning at 6:00 am. The sun was barely up, it was freezing cold and I found myself traipsing around the neighborhood in my bathrobe screaming her name. Actually I was screaming "Where are you, you stupid animal!?!?!" Fortunately, Handiman found her resting comfortably on a neighbors front porch. Molly and I had a long talk about how the next time she pulls a stunt like that she's on her own. I'm not sure why she's compelled to leave. I think she's got a pretty sweet deal. Comfy bed, free food, giant grass toilet. And The Ocho still talks to her.
What about me?
I've really been enjoying my 3 days on, 4 days off work schedule. And the whole no car line duty thing? Totally rocks.
I've enjoyed redecorating my great room thanks to a generous gift of some new furniture from Ruby Dooby and decorating tips from my friend Robyn.
I've been busy planning parties for our 4th grade Sunday school class.
I've been reading "Radical" by David Platt. Oh. My. Word. Dude is seriously all up in my face.
I've been spending alot of time working on choir music (we've done a live recording, started Christmas music and are practicing for another recording at the end of them month). And I love every minute of it. Until we're on the 4th hour of recording on a long Sunday afternoon and somebody in the tenor section gets the same phrase wrong 5 times in a row. Then I don't love it so much.
I've been exercising with Jillian. I did take a few months off to nurse a shoulder injury (not a joke by the way. Totally happened) but now I'm back at it. And now that "The Biggest Loser" is back on I feel a little more inspired to keep at it. If those poor people can endure her for hours at a time surely I can deal with 20 minutes a day.
Speaking of which, I've been watching TV. (Still love "The Office". Really into "The Good Wife". Sad that "Friday Night Lights" is almost over.)
What I haven't been doing is blogging. But I'll try to do better. I hope that makes the 3 of you very happy.


3 comments:
So glad your back! David Platt is messing with my head too. I didn't know quite what to do with that book, so I threw it on Robyn's porch and drove away fast.
Thank you for this. I was feeling withdraw. :) And Radical, you know how I feel about it. Read another chapter last night and sat and stared at the wall for an hour after. I have no come back. That scares me.
It makes me happy.....and I've been on a blogging break too. But had plenty of opportunities to entertain the world, ahem, my 3 readers.
Post a Comment