Every year since I started this blog I've made a year-end recap video. I love going back each year and watching the previous ones just to see how much we've changed. It's also a great reminder of how much we've been blessed. This year as I made the video I was struck by how happy our year has truly been. Contrasted with the world around us, it doesn't seem quite right.
If anyone of us had been told at the beginning of 2012 we would see a historic flood in New York and New Jersey, a mass shooting inside a movie theater or an election that by all accounts would change everything about the foundation of our country, and NONE of those things would be the biggest story of the year, we wouldn't have believed it. And we would have shuddered at the thought of what could be bigger news than that.
But to think 20 first graders could be gunned down in their classroom? That 20 sets of parents would bury their babies a week before Christmas? Can there really be any hope left for our nation? Our world?
Thankfully, there is. And in the middle of all of that, He still chose to bless my family. And probably yours as well. This year God gave us a new home. But greater still He gave us the hope that as wonderful as it is, we're still not home yet. Worship His holy name.
Happy New Year!


No comments:
Post a Comment