Day 4 held a lot of distractions for our design team. Dave finished the valance but couldn't get the crown molding transported from his job site to our house because of a rainstorm. We should get it up today and start painting. That's my favorite part. At least for the first 10 minutes. Then I get tired and start whining and look for an excuse to make him finish it. Can't wait!!
I was up at 4:30 yesterday morning with my mind racing about everything I wanted to get done. I had to drop some things off for a consignment sale in the afternoon so I got an early start on my projects. At lunchtime I sat down to eat and was already exhausted when I received a call to come and clean a house. I had already committed to do it earlier in the week for a little extra money but the family postponed it. They, of course, picked yesterday when I had a million other things to do and was already completely worn out. I worked on their house for a few hours and then came home to make dinner and head out to shop for Lydia's window treatments. (I only called them window treatments to impress my friends Robyn and Trisha. In Alabama we call them curtains.)
I haven't had a full day of manual labor in quite a while. I'll be glad when my kid comes home so I can go to the pool and relax. This working stuff is taking up way too much of my leisure time.
Hopefully today we can get one coat of paint on the walls. I'm starting to get a little panicked that we won't make our deadline. Our client will not be very forgiving if that happens. Better get to work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment