Thursday, July 26, 2007

Day 5: Teamwork

We finally started painting yesterday.

Dave did the cut-in work...


I was on roller duty....



Molly was in charge of holding the carpet down


I like the color. It's a very happy yellow. Not too big bird. Kind of a bright sunshine color. We've determined that this room will not be suitable for time-outs. It's much too happy. We got the first coat on and figured one more would do it. We started again at 7:00 this morning only to discover that it's probably going to take 3 coats. I am officially in whiny mode now.

I realized that I forgot to update the injury list yesterday. Here you go:
Dave cut his finger making the valance
Dave knocked his head against the slanted ceiling 3 or 4 times.
I banged the top of my foot against the dresser.

Our main goal for today is finish painting, hang the crown molding and move the furniture in. We'd like to reserve tomorrow for the bathroom. Yes. There is still the bathroom. What in the world were we thinking??

By the way, We spoke to Lydia the other night and the first thing out of her mouth to Dave was "Are you ready to move that bus?!?!?" The pressure is on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey... I have a Bob the Builder pop up tent/bulldozier that you could put up outside her room... outside the door to be the "bus". HE HE HE

Ash