See, when we first met we had big plans. One of our all-time favorite memories of the early years was our Sunday afternoon drives. After church we would have lunch then climb into his red convertible Mustang and head out into the great unknown. We'd drive for hours through unfamiliar county back roads. We'd listen to the oldies station, stop for an Icee and sometimes get lost just to see if we could find our way home. It was during those afternoons that we'd make our plans.
We talked about the trips we would take to New York City, Hawaii and even Italy. We'd plan a scenic drive up the east coast where we would stay in bed & breakfast's all the way up to Vermont. We talked about the 2 or 3 kids we'd have. We talked about the dream home that he would build for us to live in. They were big, big plans.
Eventually we sold the Mustang, went into debt with our first mortgage, had a baby and the rest is history.
These days we tend to talk in terms of all the stuff we haven't done and wonder if we ever really will. The thing is I think I'll be OK if we never make it New York or Italy. And I can live without the dream home. Because I can look back at what we have done with a sense of accomplishment.
We have made each other laugh more than we've made each other cry. We have never been angry with each other for more than an hour or two at a time. We have accepted each other's faults and embraced each others strengths.
We have stood together in the Jungle Room of Graceland, in front of the Hollywood sign, at the center of the Golden Gate bridge and on a stage dressed as Sonny & Cher. We have bungee jumped in Gatlingburg and we have dined at Cinderella's castle.
We have made more friends than we deserve. We have been blessed with family that loves us from all sides. We have tucked one daughter in every night and stood at the grave marker of the other one. Together. Always together.
We have prayed and cried and laughed and loved. But still. There's alot we haven't done.
Happy Anniversary my sweet husband. My life is happier because of all the things we've never done. I love you.




4 comments:
Happy Anniversary! Hope you spend your day doing something that you've never done. I'm always amazed at the number of pictures that you have:)
Happy Anniversary! I hope your day is incredibly special.
May God give you many more years together!
Happy Anniversary you two! We love you and can't wait to see what the next 15 years bring you!!!! :)
Happy Anniversary to you my friends! I love you dearly. Here's to so many more fabulous years!!
Post a Comment