Saturday, July 4, 2009

Change of Plans

The Ocho woke up fever free this morning but her insides still wouldn't stay inside....if you know what I mean. So, we skipped the parties and stayed home. I sent Handiman without us so he could report back later and I could live vicariously through him.

So, what did we do on this fine 4th of July? Not much but what we did do felt appropriate and true to the spirit of our great country.

Oh yeah. I kept it All-American.

I rented The Brady Bunch Season 2 on DVD and we watched the entire 1st disc together. (Marcia & Greg babysit! Greg makes the pilgrim movie! Marcia falls in love with Harvey Klinger! Greg loses Dad's plans on his first day on the job! All kinds of awesome.)

For dinner, I grilled myself a hot dog and had a side of pasta salad and some chips. My beverage of choice was orange soda and I had a slice of apple pie for dessert.

The Ocho ate a piece of toast and some saltines. So far they have stayed inside her insides...if you know what I mean.

Afterwards, we settled in to watch the PBS holiday special and enjoyed the sounds of Barry Manilow, Aretha Franklin and the cast of Jersey Boys. Then we went outside to take in the spectacular fireworks display put on by our surrounding neighbors.

(Right now it sounds like Bagdad outside my window and I'm hoping they put the stinkin' things to rest before 10:00 so we can get some sleep. God Bless America.)

So, I guess all wasn't lost. We missed the Brentwood parade and the family cookout. And we missed swimming with our friends and playing wiffle ball. But we did OK.

I hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th of July!



post signature

1 comment:

Tammy said...

It can't get much better than an orange soda and Barry Manilow on the 4th!

I just can't. :-)