Sunday, September 6, 2009

To be fair, I'll go first

I'm sitting here with a new toy and it's clear that I'm not going to be able to control myself. The fun and enjoyment it provides me is too enticing and addictive.

I. CAN'T. STOP. SCANNING.

Here's the deal. My mom has been busy planning my stepdad's 80th birthday party. In preparation she's asked me to help put together a little video montage of pictures (If you know me at all you know I'm kinda obsessed with the whole pictures put to music video montage idea). Of course, I jumped on it but I warned her it would require scanning lots of pictures. So this weekend she made me an offer I couldn't refuse. She handed me some cash and said "go buy a scanner. We can share it!"

And so, here I am. For the past couple of hours I've been scouring old photo albums from high school, college and Fruit Bowl outings that were made pre-digital camera looking for any embarrassing, humiliating photos I could find in order to reek havoc on all those Facebook friends I love and hold dear to my heart. And I've found a few. ; )

But I figured in the interest of fairness, I should perhaps volunteer to dive under that bus myself before hoisting anyone else in it's path. And so, I've decided to offer you a look at me through the years. As we all know, nothing can inform you about a person's history like their hairstyle choices and so we will examine a few of mine and what they meant to me. I must warn you, it will not always be pleasant but it will be at least mildly informative. And entertaining. So, here we go. May I present:

"The Pixie"

This happens to be my Mom's favorite haircut on me of all-time. She would love for me to wear this style even today and has on more than one occasion suggested have The Ocho try it out. (That's NEVER happenin' by the way.)

"The Mistake of Epic Proportions":

If anyone has ever wondered why I never have short hair, here's your answer. Of course, the purple vest with pink puffy shirt didn't help things. I might have been able to salvage the hair with some decent wardrobe choices. Really disturbing.

I call this one "Wings with Woodwind"

Ahhhh. My middle school band portrait. I could rock both the feathered bangs and the clarinet. Good times.

"The Mullet":

Yes this is my high school senior portrait. And yes, it is the picture I despise most on earth. But I included it because I'm secure in who I am today. And to prove that even I fell prey to The Great Mullet Plague of '86.

"The Pageant Years"

This was a photo taken for the Miss Alabama Pageant program in 1988. The 80's obviously provided me the perfect opportunity to make up for that whole Pixie thing. Back then I never met a hot roller I didn't like.

So there you have it. I've allowed myself to be transparent before you. There are no more secrets between us.

Let the scanning begin.....

post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where is the perm picture?

Tammy said...

Game on!