Monday, March 22, 2010

Just Imagine....

I'm usually a pretty optimistic person but the events of recent months are starting to bring me down. Here's a brief rundown of what's currently making my blood boil:

The ObamaNation. Oh, it's been bringing me down for a little over a year now but I've maintained a pretty good attitude up until socialism became the law of the land yesterday. Now, I'm pretty nervous about what kind of country my little girl is going to grow up in. And it's not just him or his administration. It's all these "well meaning" American citizens who are drinking his Kool-Aid. Can we say communism? Yes We Can.

Britney Spears 2.0. A few years ago I was so happy to have a tween role-model I could encourage my daughter to look up to. Somebody who proudly talked about her faith in Christ and seemed to exemplify modesty and good old-fashioned values in the midst of unbelievable fame and fortune. I can't believe I fell for it.

Oh, Miss Cyrus has hacked me off before with her new trampy outfits and her pole-dancing and I've been slowly phasing her out of the Ocho's CD collection and TV line-up, but now I'm officially over her. Wanna know why? CLICK HERE and read for yourself. Particularly her current views on faith and the reason why she deleted her Twitter account. Good grief, where are this girl's parents?

When you pile all this on top of tax season, a never-ending winter and way too many people in my circle of acquaintance dealing with things like cancer, unemployment and prodigal children......Well, needless to say I'm in serious need of a laugh. And these days, I've turned to one person.

He's my latest YouTube obsession and the one I turn to when I need a little pick-me-up. He's a visionary who sees the world the same way I do. God Bless You Tim Hawkins......and no, you're not the only one.



post signature

2 comments:

trmjkitchen said...

LOVE it!!

Tammy said...

I'm with ya' sister! Miley has crossed the line at our house. We are sticking with the JB's and how cute is that Demi Lovato?!

I'm thinking about never letting my kids out of the house or my sight again.