I would now like to list 5 jobs I know I am not in any way, shape or form qualified for:
1. Playwright
2. Costume Designer
3. Evangelist
4. Home Remodeling Contractor
5. Neighborhood Welcome Wagon hostess
Why, then have I been called to do all of these things? Why have I been called to do them all in one week? Why am I typing and not working on at least one of them? Because what I am qualified for is writing mindless drivel and procrastination. So get off my back.
Over the last 48 hours I have been frantically organizing my family's Halloween costumes while compiling a play for Lydia's class to perform on the life of Betsy Ross and by the way did I mention that the performance is this Friday and they are also supposed to learn the words to "You're A Grand Ole Flag" and by the way I have to be ready to teach it to them this Wednesday meanwhile I have 2 chapters of EE to finish and cards to memorize and prayer partners to meet with but first even though it's totally out of my comfort zone I'm feeling the strong conviction to bake some treats and visit a few neighbors to invite them to "Friend Day" at church this Sunday and don't forget that my living room is still filled with ladders, caulk guns, tape measures and unfinished crown molding because my husband decided to watch "Lords of the Gourds" on PBS about the worlds largest pumpkins or some kind of nonsense like that instead of working on the project and I have nowhere to sit and when my house is this disorganized I tend to become riddled with anxiety and type really long run on sentences.
Deep Breath
I need to think happy thoughts. I know one. Last night "Project Milky Way" was a success. If you know what I'm referring to then you know what a happy thought that is (even though I totally caved and warned Nicole ahead of time. That's what I get for taking a course about listening to the voice of God.) If you don't know what I'm talking about, then I'm sorry for teasing you. It is a very sensitive and delicate situation that I am not at liberty to discuss here in such a public forum. I'll just tell you that God can do mighty and wondrous things with the hardest hearts and most stubborn among us. Sometimes He chooses to use scripture, sometimes music, sometimes the testimony of another believer. And sometimes He uses candy bars. You'll just have to take my word for it.
Stay tuned for updates later this week regarding Rebekah's Rainbow, The Wood family costume extravaganza and all things Betsy Ross.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
You are in my prayers, friend! Love ya'!
Teresa,
I need more! More sparkle. More hilarity. More fireworks. C'mon...you're givin' me nuthin! I come here to be entertained since I now have a child and apparently going "in to town" is just a vapor and a dream. By the way, I'm not sure about the whole "Milky Way" thing, but I have a feeling your talking about me. So, thank you. Keep it up.
Post a Comment