Thursday, July 24, 2008

Big Nanny: The True Hollywood Story

She is devoted wife and mother, a faithful friend, a tireless minister and a hot dog connoisseur. She's known to many for her witty blog posts and her stylish haircut. But how many really know her? How many know how she feels when she gets a glass wizard for Christmas? Or is offered asparagus and granola bars as suitable sustenance? Or is told she cannot choose the radio station on a road trip?

Sure, she may seem sweet and helpful in the preschool hallway on Sunday mornings. And she might plan a fun party at her house and invite you over to talk blogs and iPods. And she might wear a sundress to VBS. But that's not who she really is.

To learn that, you must watch her try to kneeboard. Or lose a card game. Or be forced to have dinner at PF Chang's. And if you want to go really deep, try taking her favorite seat in the choir loft. I double-dog dare you.

The following is a small glimpse into the secret world of Big Nanny. It contains highly secretive and sensitive material supplied by a number of anonymous sources. The images may be disturbing but the truth must come out.

I felt it was appropriate to have Big Nanny's alter ego Posh & her fellow Spice Girls narrate through song, as they ask the most appropriate question "Who do you think you are?"



Many thanks to special anonymous contributors and advisers:
Mamaw
Ash
Cole
Trisha
Handiman
(Obviously if I'm going down, I'm taking you guys with me)

7 comments:

Tammy said...

My, OH, my. I don't even know the woman, but that was spectacular and I'm sure she will l-o-v-e it.

Shawn said...

Bravo, bravo!
Everybody Loves Big Nanny!

Nice tribute, T.

Nicole @ Four Real said...

AAAHHHHHHHH! I LOVE IT!!!!!! THAT IS THE BEST! I am proud to say I was a part and Big Nanny, you got to know we love you with that tribute or THS! You are officially POSH!

Wags said...

POSH... oh my that was awesome. Wish I could've seen the look on her face when she saw that. :) GREAT job!

The Wagoner's love us some Big Nanny!!!

Big Nanny said...

Well, well, well, I've been home for a little while now and I've watched this video 3 times. I'm cracking up.
Here is my response:
1) Let me just be honest and say that I love having a blog post totally devoted to me...I think that goes without saying.
2) You're funny and as always, right on the money.
3) You've said it before and it's true, my mom is funnier than you. She sent you a picture that I'm assuming she thought was me. Girl in mint green long dress was not me, it was my best friend from down the street. Her name is CoCo. Now that's funny. First, she doesn't read my blog on a regular basis and now she sends pictures of the girl down the street. This fashionista would never wear a mint green dress.
4) I don't have to try to kneeboard, I can kneeboard. I can ski too. I just feel the need to clarify that.
5) You started something and now everyone is going to want their own THS.
6) Thanks for the love and much love to all of the "anonymous sources."

CEU said...

That brings tears to my eyes and joy to my heart!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Nice! You briught the Jones family back into blog world today, and it was so worth it. I would like to say that I did contribute a great dancing pic or I also have it and have considered making myself a poster! Hmmm...I think I even remeber the song playing and her first choice for a dance number... Well, I guess you cannot put it all in one THS. Interestingly enough, there is still more to say! Love you, Big Nanny! Great job, T.

Love, T & K (who said you have got to come watch this!)