Yesterday I had a meeting with my new boss. After spending so much time over the past year dreading the thought of going back to work, I must confess I've been getting pretty excited about it these past few weeks. I've also been growing slightly anxious. Not just because my entire world is about to be rocked and my schedule completely discombobulated. That will all work itself out I suppose. My anxiousness has more to do with my lack of teaching experience and the fact that this school is entrusting children to me in the hopes that I can enlighten them on computer technology. Just typing that makes me laugh.
So, anyway, I went into yesterday's meetings with lots of questions and very little self-confidence. I half expected her to just agree with my assessment that I'm not qualified, give a heart-felt "what were we thinking?" and change her mind. But she didn't. She gave me lots of helpful advice, very encouraging words and even insisted on praying for me before I left. On the drive home, I felt exhilarated and ready to take it all on. Of course, a little bit of that excitement had to do with a surprise I never saw coming.
I wish I could say the main reason I'm going back to work is because I'm highly ambitious and motivated. Or that I deeply desire to pour into the lives and minds of the children of the world. It's not that at all. It's money. Plain and simple. We need it so I've gotta help earn it. Part of yesterday's meeting was to be dedicated to discussing my salary and what kind of benefits will be available. In all honestly, just knowing we're cutting our fuel expenses in half and getting a break in tuition cost was enough of an incentive to take the job. Not to mention, being on the same schedule as the Little Ocho and not missing any of the time with her that I love so much. God's hand has been all over this opportunity from the very beginning so I knew whatever they want to pay me would be just exactly what we need. But I was really curious to know just what that number would be.
The problem yesterday came with an administrative issue that caused my contract not to be ready in time for our meeting. Therefore, neither was the information about my salary and benefits. While she promised she would have it to me by Thursday (when I have my first faculty meeting! Can you even stand that? I'm having a faculty meeting! Crazy.) I was frustrated and a little disappointed that I'd have to wait a few more days. Then, rather nonchalantly, she said "Well, at least you know your tuition will be covered".
Excuse me? What was that?
I sat for a few seconds in stunned silence with my mouth gaping open. Then I asked her to clarify. "What do you mean covered?" "Like, all of it?"
"Yes. You didn't know that?"
Ummmmmmmmmm.........no.
I literally got tears in my eyes and nearly jumped out of my seat to hug her. I'm pretty sure God Himself held me down to prevent me from humiliating myself. After all, He was sitting right there enjoying the moment.
It wasn't enough that He made a job where there was no job. Or that He provided solutions to every single problem we had about me going back to work. Nope, He had to go a step further and bless us with something we never even dreamed of asking for. Free tuition at a Christian school.
He's such a show-off.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
My Savior, He can move the mountains!!!!
He is GOOD!
What a huge blessing! That is wonderful. I am so happy for you and little Ocho.
Praise the Lord. I second "dna" that YES He CAN and does move mountains. I just posted on this Sunday...that is God moving mountains.
GO GOD!!!!!!!!
Wonderful!!
That's like your first raise without having spent a day at your job!
God IS good and his blessings plentiful.
I've GOT to quit reading blogs at work. I'm sitting here fighting tears and HOPING someone doesn't walk into my office before I get myself composed again! That is GREAT news. Congrats!
I have tears too... and I am SOOO happy for you.
Just today I was working on purging some teacher stuff. If I come up with goodies that might be of use to you... I will pass them along.
AWESOME!!! God is truly faithful!! Enjoy those faculty meetings!!! HAHA!! ;)
~Michelle Kitchen
Well, it looks like I'm the last person round here to get my two cents in...
I'm just going to echo what everyone else said:
Go God! What a blessing! Yes, He can move mountains. He is faithful!
Woooo Hooo!
Oh friend, God is so good ALL the time. What a blessing, to have the tuition covered, paid in full. We serve a God of abundance, don't we?
I'm jumping up and down over here because we just made our last payment in June for our son David.
I feel your joy!
Always late to read and know...God IS so good! You have been so faithful that now He can really show off! Thanks for sharing!
I love you, Mrs. Wood, or is it Mrs. Teresa??? Maybe Mother Teresa? That's too much, I guess.
Trace :)
Post a Comment