I've been trying to use up every available second of summertime with The Ocho before school starts....for both of us. And I've been knee deep in researching and writing lesson plans for my computer class. So there's not been alot of time for blogging. But since it's nice to be missed, I'll try to come up with something.
Here's just a little sample of what you've missed this week:
I had to go to the health department to get a TB test for my new job. Apparently, you have to be tested every 3 years if you work with preschoolers. While I was there I witnessed a 4 year old boy scream the "F" word at his mother. As disturbing as that was, the kicker was her reaction, which was "now that's not very nice!" Indeed. (On the bright side, you'll all be relieved to know I do not have Tuberculosis.)
Last night I took a train ride around a very affluent neighborhood and the Fruit Bowl was along for the ride. We were attending a birthday party for Trisha's two year old son and in true Trisha fashion, she rented a train for the occasion. If you've never stuffed yourself into a child's compartment on a kiddie train and ridden past many well-to-do homeowners out walking their dogs and looking at you like you're a crazed lunatic, you should. At least once in your life.
Today I received some pictures from Handiman's 40th birthday party.......which was 2 1/2 years ago. The photographer for the event found an undeveloped roll of film this week and gave it to my peep Andrea. That was such a fun party!! One day I'll have to write a post about it. My friends and I worked really hard to make it a special surprise for him and everything went great. Four days later Rebekah was born and the joy and laughter of that party was soon forgotten. It was nice to be reminded of it today.
I spent a little time at Walgreens this week scanning pictures. If you've ever wanted to see a Greek girl dance around a maypole, tomorrow is your lucky day.
Today I had my first mammogram. I'm approaching the golden age when they are a yearly requirement so my doctor figured I should go ahead and get started. I wasn't going to mention it here but Big Nanny insisted it was a definite blogable moment. I don't really have that much to say about the experience that hasn't been said before. It was cold, uncomfortable, awkward, uncomfortable, painful, uncomfortable and uncomfortable.
And that's about all I've got. Turns out me not posting for 4 days wasn't really that big a deal now was it?


1 comment:
Nobody wants to see a Greek girl dance around a maypole....they really don't! ;-)
Now a good mammogram story, that's good stuff. You're tall so when I say, hanging up by your tippie toes means nothing to you!
Post a Comment