Sunday, July 13, 2008

Weekend Update

It's a rainy, quiet Sunday afternoon and all is well. Hanidman has almost finished painting the columns. I say almost because today he has officially lost his mojo and is taking a nap. Hopefully he's regain it and I'll have a picture of the finished project up in a few days.

Little Ocho made it back safe and sound yesterday. There were lots of hugs and kisses and I missed you so much's going on. Remarkably, she managed to return with everything she packed. Once she began telling us about the trip, it was evident our worst fears had been realized. She's been made aware that there's more to going to the beach than just playing in the ocean and swimming at the pool. I'm pretty sure she's not going to be satisfied with our feeble attempts at vacation anymore.

With the Ellis family she learned to snorkel at Shell Island and rode the waterslides at Big Kahuna's water park. They also took her to the movies and shopping at the outlet mall. And they went out to eat 3 times. Her eyes have been opened and she has seen the truth. Fantastic.

So, now that she's home everything is getting back to normal. Here's how I found her 10 minutes ago.
Do not adjust the color settings on your monitor. That is indeed the actual color of that chair. Handiman brought it home as a surprise last week while she was gone . One of his clients was about to toss it out because her daughter had outgrown it. Lucky for us, huh? Little Ocho thinks it's the COOLEST CHAIR EVER! and has opted to not do anything that can't be done while sitting in it. It came with a matching ottoman where Molly has taken up residence. Clearly the chair is bringing much comfort and joy. But if you stare at it too long you will get a migraine.

Before I go, I must tell you about my brush with greatness this morning. I was serving on the praise team during our worship service with my friend Angela Cottrell. And she was wearing The Jeans. Oh, yes ma'am she was.

No comments: