Thursday, October 9, 2008

Looking on the bright side

My car battery decided to die two weeks ago......but it did so inside my garage.

Our dryer decided to die 5 days ago.......but it did so after we had finished our laundry for the week.

Two of our toilets decided to break one week ago......but we have 3 1/2 baths.

One of my houseplants bit the dust three weeks ago........but the other two are miraculously still living despite suffering the exact same neglect.

Our upstairs air conditioning unit decided to quit.........but it's almost Fall.

A neighbor down the street put an Obama sign in their yard..........but two neighbors across from them promptly plastered McCain/Palin signs in theirs.

UT is the lowest ranked team in the SEC and that probably makes my in-laws grumpy......but Vandy is ranked #1 and that makes them even grumpier. : )

Handiman pinched a nerve in his neck and has been walking around for 4 days like Quasimodo.......but there hasn't been anything on TV this week so it's kept me entertained.

I have to teach computer today........but "The Office" is back on tonight.

I've got a full day of work ahead of me........but Fall Break starts tomorrow!!!

Happy Thursday!

post signature

4 comments:

Paula V said...

I love these...such a beautiful way to look at the positive in each of these. Or better yet what a great way to show GOD is providing for you!!!
Blessings,
Paula

Tammy said...

Isn't it crazy how all that stuff happens in threes, or fours....


Poor handiman, bless his heart.

Hope you have big plans for your week off. I'm off for a week, drats, we shoulda made plans.

Have a great Fall break!!

Anonymous said...

Everytime I see one of those Obama signs I want to get out of my car and snatch it. I've showed great self control thus far but we've got almost a month to go.

"anonymous"

Nicole @ Four Real said...

Man, I have had many a week like that! So sorry you are havin one. But hey, the bright side is worth it righ? Michael Scott will make it all better. I saw a clip today and it looks HILARIOUS! See ya!