I get pretty excited this time of year because Fall is in the air. And that means I can pull out my sweaters and break out my boots. It also means that Ocho's birthday is coming up and Halloween is just around the corner. Oh how I love it.
This year, though, there are two little words that mean more to me now than they ever have before.
Fall. Break.
Oh, ya'll just don't know how much I'm looking forward to it. And it's only a week away!! Now, don't hate me all my public school friends, but our's lasts a full week and starts this coming Friday with a half day of school!!! The Lord, He is good to me.
I'd better stop before I get ahead of myself. I mean, the first few days of October proved worthy of their own blog post. It was homecoming week at Zion and you know what that means. Spirit days. And yes, the faculty was "encouraged" to dress up as well. So, now I will present a photo retrospective of the Little Ocho and me in our finest spirit wear.
Day one: Hawaiian/Beach Day
Thanks to my many stints as preschool VBS music director at church, I was not lacking in Hawaiian wear. This was my favorite day for obvious reasons. Comfort being the main one.

Day two: Crazy Hair Day
This was my least favorite day. That's because just one ponytail usually give me a raging headache after a couple of hours. On this day, I had six of them. Ocho opted for the Pippi Longstocking look. And she rocked it.

Day three: Cowboy Day
I basically raided Handiman's side of the closet for this one and it was nice to wear jeans to work. But the boots turned out to be a big mistake by lunchtime.

Day four was spirit day. I didn't take a photo because we were kind of boring in our Zion t-shirts and jeans. So you'll just have to get over it.
There was actually a pep rally especially for the elementary school and each class had to make up their own cheer and present it. I realize I'm biased, so you won't believe me when I tell you Ocho's class blew everyone out of the water. But they did. And the principal herself even said so. Some of the high school cheerleaders stopped by as well and got everybody so riled up that lesson plans were thrown out the window for the remainder of the school day. My ears are still ringing.
On Friday night our family attended our first Zion football game. And in the grand tradition of small Christian school sports, our team got slaughtered. But Ocho enjoyed the nacho's from the concession stand so that made it all OK.
It was a fun week and I was proud to show my school spirit. Who wouldn't be excited about a school that gives you a whole week off in October?!?!?


1 comment:
You rocked the Spirit week! I needed a little better photo of your 6 ponytails though.
Hope you have a good Fall break. We've got one the WHOLE week of Thanksgiving! I am off too and I cannot wait!
Post a Comment