Sunday, December 30, 2007

Looking Back

I am a lover of lists. I make one almost every single day. There's the list of things I need to do, places I need to go, stuff I need to buy.

I also love reading other people's lists. That's why I love, love, love the end of the year. There is a list for everything. Funniest quotes, worst hair, best dressed, most days in rehab. I also love those videos set to music showcasing all the biggest happenings over the past year. There is inevitably some cataclysmic event I forgot even happened and at least 2 celebrity deaths that I completely missed. Just yesterday I was watching a recap of 2007 and I became mesmerized by all that one year held. The immigration debate, the Iraq war, the bridge collapse, the Anna Nicole Smith fiasco, the Virginia Tech massacre, the disappearance of Madeline Mccann. They didn't even include the really important stuff.....like Lindsey, Paris or Britney. They probably had a separate show for that. I kept wondering when they would get to the good stuff. The feel good moments. I was in need of some happy thoughts so I decided to make my own list.

One of my favorite things about this year has been this blog. It was a great tool for making my list because I was able to go back through and read the events in sequence that I felt were noteworthy. There was a mixture of happy and sad, frustration and disappointment. There were a lot of things I didn't blog about. For instance, this year has been a tough one for our family. Grieving Rebekah was a part of it but not entirely. Most of you know that Dave is a self-employed home builder and times have been pretty tough. Financially it's a scary time and if you listen to the news it's not going to get better anytime soon. We are holding tight to the hope that 2008 is going to be better. After all, the past two have been less than stellar, if you know what I mean.

So, what will I remember about 2007?

A cabin in Gatlinburg, pink t-shirts and a chocolate fountain. Andrea and the fruit bowl. Camping in the living room. Pepsi the purple ball. Molly the Chiweenie. Piano lessons and dance recitals. Rob singing "Love Me Tender". Robyn in the Priscilla wig and crutches. Trips to the lake. Trips to the beach. Trips to pool. The Davis party barge. Dave's ear infection. Extreme Home Makeover: Lydia's Room Edition. Nicole's surprise. Ashley, Angela & Robyn during the "Aerobic Challenge". Brian and Angela ending up with the singing toilet. Shelly trying to kill me at the lake....again. Hannah Montana tickets. Little Ocho. Play days and girl's night. Sunday dinner and the DCC. Jenny Carlisle. Jody Caraway. Copeland Farley. Eliza's welcome home party. Rhonda's wedding. Abigail's commercial. Rebekah's Rainbow.

If such a rotten year could produce such great memories, I can't wait to see what a good year looks like.

Since I made my own list I also decided to make my own video. And so I leave you with The Wood Life recap. Here's to a Happy New Year!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to try to pretend that I just did not see a picture of myself on a boat wearing a bikini on your blog. Just to defend myself...I don't usually wear a bikini and it was a sporty one to be worn for sporty lake activities only in the presence of true non-judgmental friends. I didn't expect to see it on the world wide web!!! Now I know how all those Hollywood girls feel when their skanky pictures get out. AS

Nicole @ Four Real said...

What an awsome video! LOVED IT! I have to say, you have so many beautiful family pictures! Do you have a personal photographer? :) As far as the previous comment, we know that AS is all about the bikini. What is this about it being sporty? We thought you were Posh Peep, not Sporty Peep. If you want the name girl, you gotta live it!

Tammy said...

Happy New Year! I enjoyed the video so much I am currently attempting my own for the year. Stay tuned.

Perhaps we can get together in 2008!

RE said...

Great job! I see Hollywood in your future.

Anonymous said...

Teresa, there was not one picture of me on your video. That was probably just a simple overlook on your part.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say that I watched the ENTIRE video and I'm honored that I made the cut! My resolution for 2008 - work very hard to move up on the Teresa Wood VIP list! : )