This will be a brief update because I am sick....and tired. And tired always follows sick. OK. That was a Bill Cosby Himself reference and purely for my friend Tammy. I'm sure she giggled even if nobody else did. So, back to me being sick and tired. My daughter has had a recurring cold for the last couple of months and it finally recurred all over me. I woke up yesterday feeling just dandy but by mid-day I was a mess. This morning I woke up with a lovely sinus headache and I know I've set some sort of world record for most consecutive sneezes. Dave was a sweetheart and took Lydia to school for me and also picked her up. Of course, no good deed goes unpunished. About 30 minutes after being home this afternoon, he announced he too was catching it. The next couple of days should be a blast at the old Wood hacienda, don't ya think?
Anyway, I thought I would update on my last couple of posts. First of all, I'm sure many are wondering what we ended up with in our Dirty Santa game Saturday night. Well wonder no more. Just as I predicted, my husband had his eye on the most obnoxious gift available to be stolen and, you guessed it....We are now the proud owners of 2 German crafted antique tribal masks. They're lovely. Just lovely. Later, in the evening I realized I had gotten lucky after all when this poor guy unwrapped a pair of longhorns. You know, like the kind Boss Hogg had on the front of his car. You can be sure if he had been given the chance, those bad boys would be on display somewhere over my fireplace mantel. I ended up with a fruitcake but, darn the luck, I misplaced it behind a pillow in our host's home.
Lydia's choir program went great on Sunday night. I'm told she was singing her heart out. I wouldn't know because I was busy directing our soloists at the front of the stage and our camera was acting up so Dave didn't get any pictures. I know she was excited to be on the big stage, but even more so because she ended up standing next to her best bud Selah. Pretty remarkable considering their were over 130 kids on the stage. I hope her mom got some pictures (hint, hint Nicole).
Tomorrow our Christmas festivities continue with a Christmas Tea at Lydia's school. It something special the 1st grade teachers do for the moms. I hope my cold is better so I don't make a sneezing spectacle of myself.
I'm going to lay down and be pitiful now. Ahhhhhhhhh choooooooooooo! (I actually did just sneeze so I thought it was appropriate to add it in. Enjoy!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Bwahahahaha......you knew I would laugh out loud. Hope you feel better friend.
Post a Comment