
I have been asked by my friend Nancy French to be an area coordinator for Operation Send-A-Box. She has taken on this very ambitious project to make sure that every soldier in David's unit receives a care package. You can go here to learn more.
As a coordinator, I am responsible for getting 25 packages sent to Camp Caldwell in Iraq. The boxes will be distributed by the chaplain and soldiers who have never received mail, beginning with the lowest ranked, will be the first to receive a box. If you would be willing to help, please email me or leave me a comment. It will be a very easy way to make a big impact on the men serving our country so faithfully and sacrificially.
If you are involved in a church group, neighborhood organization, school, sports team or you would just like to take this on as a family project, please visit the link and find out how to help.
If you are in my area, I will have boxes and packaging materials to distribute. If you're not nearby, you can request the materials at your local post office.
This is an amazing opportunity to extend the love of Christ to those who are in desperate need of encouragement and hope. I have been blessed to receive email updates from Nancy about David's experiences. Reading first-hand accounts on what is taking place over there is sobering and encouraging. In one email he asked us to read Psalm 91. It is called the Solider's Psalm and reading it with that in mind gave me a fresh perspective. Take time and read it today and remember our soliders and their families. I'll leave you with words from Captain David French in his last update:
A few nights ago, several of us were talking after a pretty intense night - our guys had to make a tough shoot/don’t shoot decision with limited information. There was quite a bit frustration. One of my friends asked me if I thought I was making a difference by being here. The question made me think.
Honestly, I don’t know if I am. This is a big conflict, and I’m just one low-ranking lawyer supporting the guys who are doing the real fighting. I don’t know if I’m making a difference, but I do know that I’m doing exactly what I should be doing.
As one great (and godly) general once said: “Man has duties. God controls the consequences.” I remind myself of that every day. Please pray that I do my duty well.
CPT French---


No comments:
Post a Comment