Saturday, January 5, 2008

39 Facts

Today is my 39th birthday. Since I thought it would be cute to post a list of interesting and potentially embarrassing facts about my hubby on his birthday, it's only fair that I publish a list that's all about me. And that's what today is. All about me. Here you go:

  1. I was born and raised in Selma, AL.
  2. I had three dreams as a child. To live in a two story house, have a canopy bed and own a horse.
  3. When my mom married my step-dad, we moved my canopy bed into his two story house. We lived on a farm and owned cows, chickens and three horses. Dreams realized.
  4. I was raised by the greatest mother on earth. She had a tough time as a single mom but worked hard and sacrificed a lot to give me a good life. I’m forever grateful.
  5. I was estranged from my father since I was 6. He passed away several years ago and never met my husband or daughter. He missed a lot of good stuff.
  6. My favorite movie of all time is My Fair Lady.
  7. My favorite concert of all time was Billy Joel. Not just for the music but because Dave & I went with our friends Gregg & Gena. I had NEVER laughed as hard or as much before that night and haven’t since. One word. Narcolepsy. (You had to be there)
  8. Once I accidentally walked into the wrong apartment while opening my mail.
  9. In was in 2 high school musical productions; Annie & The King & I.
  10. I’ve been bungee jumping.
  11. I write parody tribute songs for my best friends on special occasions.
  12. I have never forgiven my mother for giving my Barbie collection away when I went off to college.
  13. I inadvertently learn the lyrics to any song I hear more than once.
  14. When I get really sleepy, the inside of my left ear itches. Really bad.
  15. I have never had a professional pedicure.
  16. In college I climbed to the top of the dome in our main dormitory with 2 friends. It was foolish, unnecessary and exhilarating.
  17. I love to quote movies and TV shows in everyday conversation. My quotes of choice come from Raising Arizona, The Princess Bride, Clueless, Forrest Gump and The Office. It's an obnoxious habit.
  18. I took piano lessons for over a decade. Today I can proudly play 2 songs if I try really hard.
  19. I was hired to sing in a show at Opryland Theme Park when I was in college but had to turn the job down because my start date interfered with my last college semester.
  20. I had the chance to be an extra in a movie with Jessica Lange and Tommy Lee Jones but had to turn it down because I was still in school.
  21. Obviously, I would be a very famous celebrity in rehab right now if it weren’t for all those pesky college courses.
  22. My favorite dessert is coconut cake. And banana pudding. And key lime pie. And cherry pie a la mode. And peach cobbler. And Trisha’s brownies.
  23. My favorite vacation of all time was going to Los Angeles with Dave back before Lydia was born. We stayed in Beverly Hills, hiked up to the Hollywood sign and spotted Courtney Cox at The Ivy.
  24. My very first solo was the 2nd verse of The First Noel when I was in the 6th grade.
  25. I failed French in college.
  26. I never attended a homecoming dance.
  27. I was a majorette in my high school marching band.
  28. My first taste of fame was being chosen to play Mary in my sixth grade Christmas play.
  29. I have a fear of drowning.
  30. I have been drinking coffee since I was in elementary school. I must have one cup first thing in the morning or things will not go well in my household for anyone.
  31. I never once, not for a millisecond, ever considered giving birth without an epidural.
  32. My mom lead me to Christ when I was 12 years old one night in her bedroom.
  33. I love to cook. Unless I’m not in the mood.
  34. I love listening to both High School musical soundtracks when my daughter is NOT in the car. She doesn't allow me to sing along and that is comletely impossible.
  35. I’ve never played an organized sport.
  36. I trip over something at least once a day.
  37. I hate wearing jewelry.
  38. I competed in the Miss Alabama Pageant in 1988. The emotional wounds I suffered are only now beginning to heal.
  39. I am painfully shy around people I don’t know. It has only been in the last couple of years that I resisted the urge to stick a sharp stick in my eye rather than have to converse with a stranger.

So there you have it. I hope you all feel a little closer to me now.

I'm off to celebrate. It's already gotten off to a good start. I slept in and had breakfast cooked and served up by my darling hubby. Thanks to some birthday money (Thanks Mom!) we'll be heading out for some Pancho's cheese dip and chips later on today. Maybe some shopping. Maybe a movie. Maybe a nap. Maybe I'll be a real party animal and do all three. After all, I've only got a year to live it up before doomsday.

5 comments:

Nicole @ Four Real said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PARTY PEEP!!!!!!!! Look at that! He did bring you breakfast in bed! Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! If I had half your talent I would write a parody song about you. Maybe for your 4oth! Have a great day and I have a "happy" for you. AS

Ashley said...

Because this is the only thing coming to mind... FABULOUS
( as in the song from HS Musical)
I hope your day is WONDERFUL... and then some more!

Anonymous said...

Oh man! I've made the blog twice in recent days! And I'm even #7! I still laugh as hard as I did that night just thinking about it.

Party on, my friend!

Unknown said...

I totally feel ya on the HSM CDs! I find myself singing those songs all the time (even Jason sings along on occassion).