Monday, January 14, 2008

Things I'm thinking about

I don't want to get a job. Financially, our family may not be able to accommodate me in the lifestyle to which I have become accustomed so a job may be inevitable. But I don't want one. I like going to Wal-Mart on Monday morning when nobody's there. I like sitting in the car-rider line. I like the option of taking a nap in the middle of the day. I like blogging at 1:30. Am I lazy? Maybe. But I don't want a job and nobody can make me want one. So there.


Can somebody please help Britney? Seriously. And by help I mean capture her in the back of an unmarked van and take her to an undisclosed location where she can be given some decent clothes and a good talkin to. I'm not going to candy coat it. I was pregnant with Rebekah when she got pregnant with her first son. I thought it odd that the two of us actually had something in common. I can't help but look at the two of us now and how things worked out and feel like the lucky one. Make that the blessed one. And the saved one. Praise Jesus! And I mean that.



My mother-in-law purchased our plane tickets last week for San Francisco. In case I haven't mentioned it yet, WE'RE GOING TO SAN FRANCISCO!!!!!!!! And I'm a little excited. Dave was actually born in Oakland and his parents have decided to take him back to the motherland and Lydia and I get to go along. I have been put in charge of planning the itinerary. I've been researching on some websites but would love input from anyone who's ever been. Planning trips is a real hobby of mine. I get a little obsessive but anyone who's ever traveled with me knows it's worth it, if I do say so myself. And I believe I just did.



I really want to win one of Boomama's giveaways. Not that I wasn't happy to win your giveaway Angela. I was. But let's face it. My chances were 1 in 4 (counting your mother).





Hi Angela's Mom! Here's a picture for you:

The whole Angela's mom thing is sort of an inside joke. Sorry to all you outsiders.


Tammy's little birthday video tribute to me last week has caused quite the stir. Several of my sweet friends kindly told me I haven't changed at all. It's nice to know they're so sweet and unsettling to know they're so dishonest. Also, Lydia's friend Abigail has decided she wants to attend Judson based solely on the video. Way to recruit there Cubby!


American Idol starts tomorrow night!!! Can't wait. I've decided I might do an AI recap here this season. We'll see how it goes. I'm really good at planning stuff like this and even better at getting tired of it and letting it slide.


My annual weekend away with the girls is this Friday. It's a little more laid back this year but I'm still excited. I should come back with more than a few blog-worthy moments to share.


The Titans are out. The Colts are out. The Patriots are going to win and I hate the Patriots. I guess the only person I'm pulling for now is Brett Favre. Partly because somebody from Wisconsin gave me an authentic cheese head many years ago. But mostly because Brett Favre is really cute. I understand the Tom Brady is really cute too but he's dating a snobby supermodel. Brett Favre shaved his head for his wife. Cute, faithful to your wife and....... cute. These are my stringent fan requirements. They are unflinchingly rigid (that's an "office" quote by the way). If you can correctly identify who said it and in which episode you'll be today's winner! (prize to be determined at a later date)


So that's what I'm thinking about today. Which begs the question "why doesn't she get a job?"

1 comment:

Melissa Lee said...

Okay, here's what I'm thinking...
At my baby shower when nice people wrote nice advice on how to rear a child my dad wrote "Melissa, Get a job" on a 3x5 index card. In my Senior yearbook when nice people wrote nice thoughts for life my dad wrote, "My dear. Get a job." And last week when I wrote a blog on the new Miss America reality show my dad read it and later sent me an email that said, you guessed it, "Melissa Paige, for the last time, GET A JOB." So now it's just the priniciple of the thing.

Oh...and Pam. Gift to be given to me in choir at a later date.