Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Sounds of San Diego

First I'd like to say how relieved I was that tonight's show was only and hour long. Last week's four hour freak show was more than I could take. I like my freaks in small doses, thank you very much.

I can tell this season is all about the sob story and pathetic saps like me are going to fall for it hook, line & sinker. Tonight was Perrie the single dad. He was a good singer (thankfully) and his little boy did me in with his "whassup Randy?". (I will add that I originally thought he was a little girl. Just me?) I too am glad he's going to Harleywood.

I also enjoyed Michael (the Australian hottie), Samantha (who shares my deep abiding love for Simon) and David (the sixteen year old who suffered from vocal paralysis). I thought Carla the tattooed Irish chick was talented but her husband looked like something off of Star Trek. Sorry but I can't get past that.

As far as the rejects go, my favorites were Valerie the Mariah Carey impersonator/yodeler, Alberto the artistic, creative, floral, designer and Aaron who just wanted to be left alone. I'm surprised to see that tomorrow night they'll be in one of my favorite cities on earth, Charleston, SC. It is a beautiful place but it doesn't exactly scream "Pop Star" to me...... whatever.

Now I want to address something that has bothered me since the inception of this show. Why would someone after hearing 3 judges tell them they stink and should never sing again proceed to start another song....and then another song....and then another.......??? Am I the only person on earth that would collapse into a puddle of tears and run from the room never to sing another note as long as I live???? Am I? Seriously, what are they thinking? It would never occur to me to sing in a "lower tone" or full-on bust out into a Whitney Houston ballad. Nope. I'd hightail it out of there and head straight to vocational school. But that's just me.

No comments: