Wednesday, March 25, 2009

And for her next act.....

You may have noticed that March has been a busy month for the Little Ocho.

She made quite a name for herself in the Spelling Bee world.

She rocked "The Juggler" in her school talent show.

And now......she's showing her work at the Pryor Art Gallery. And she thinks that's pretty fancy.
Last night we headed to the Art Show to admire her work and the work of many local elementary students. It was actually pretty impressive to see what these kids can do. Since, as an artist, I can do very little. And by very little I mean nothing.

I have to say one of the biggest blessings the Ocho has at her school is her art teacher, Mrs. Green. This lady is amazingly creative and talented. She's also beautiful and skinny which almost makes me mad at her. If we hadn't become such good friends this year teaching together, I'd probably hold a grudge.
I'm not kidding when I say she had our 4 year old class paint African landscapes using orange and black that people would pay top dollar for. And I wouldn't mind hanging one of them in my house. It was telling how many pieces from Zion were on display last night.

So here's a closer look at the Ocho's piece:


We'll call it "Snowman with Green Scarf". Because artwork needs a title that sounds both haughty and simplistic.

Stayed tuned next month when our spelling, piano playing, painting offspring picks up the ol' ball and glove. The girl is versatile. What can I say?


post signature

1 comment:

Nicole @ Four Real said...

great job! she is quite the all around girl!