
That's my daughter the spelling wiz. I'm very proud to announce that she won 3rd PLACE in the 2nd grade divison of the Spelling Bee today!!!!
Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers. So far, she's been rewarded with a ribbon, a certificate, many calls and hugs and dinner at Cracker Barrel. (And, for the rest of her life, she'll never, ever forget that shrugged is spelled with 2 g's and not 1.)
(By the way, our friend Zack placed 4th and recieved his own ribbon! Way to go Zack!!!!)
Before I sign off let me just say to my friend Big Nanny that in my previous post I spelled chaperone with an e and it was Blogger Spellcheck that corrected me. I'm sure it will try again this time, but I assure you I will not be persuaded. I also prefer it with an e. I hope this means we can still be friends.



4 comments:
YEAH!!!!! That is so AWESOME! I love the ribbon but I must say, she looks SO BIG in this picture! You must be so proud!
Way to go Lydia! Great job!
Wonderful Lydia!!! I may be calling upon your spelling services.
Congrats to the Ocho! She does look really big in this picture. And yes, I'll still be friends with you because you prefer it with an e as well.
Post a Comment