Tuesday, March 10, 2009

At the end of it all, I will be grumpy

I had intended a funny, lighthearted post for today but procrastination set in and it didn't get done. I guess I was too busy preparing myself for what today will bring, which will be endless fun and frivolity.

First, in about 10 minutes I will awaken The Ocho from her slumber and be greeted with grunts and whines. Then we'll start the mad dash to eat breakfast, iron clothes, get dressed, read our devotional, say our prayers, gather our things and pile in the car. By the time we get there we'll be fighting about how she has remembered to carry her DS, stuffed animals, 3 coloring books and a toy microphone to the car, but mysteriously can't remember her backpack, piano books or spelling bee list.

Then we'll drive for 35 minutes while I dodge traffic and quiz her on spelling things like satisfactory and peninsula, which she will get right with no problem. Then she'll misspell cereal and completely set me off.

Then I'll work the car line for 45 minutes. Big fun.

From there it will be off to teach computer class. I'll try to show 1st grades how to resize clipart and center their text. And the headache will start.

Then 3rd grade will arrive and I'll repeat (for the 100th time) that you must take your headphones off before you try to leave your computer.

After lunch, I'll continue the tedious task of teaching 5th grade about Excel spreadsheets and databases.

Then 4th grade will end the day. Have I mentioned that the 4th grade class is 80% boys? And 70% of them are.....challenging?

After dismissal, I'll rush the Ocho to my mom's where she'll spend the evening until Daddy can pick her up. I'll head back to school. Because tonight is our annual Open House. I'm supposed to greet prospective parents and be ready to answer any questions they have about the school or my computer classes. And I can't mention the 4th grade.

Once all that fun and frivolity is over, I'll head for Bible Study. I hope to arrive by 8:00 so I can see Beth Moore bring the word. But, if I'm too cranky, I might just head for home.

I'm pretty sure, though, that the fun and lighthearted post I had planned for today won't get posted tomorrow either. Maybe I'll feel funnier on Thursday.

post signature

1 comment:

Nicole @ Four Real said...

Come on, you have to end your day with Beth! Hope you will be there! Have a great day! :)