Monday, March 9, 2009

Once more, with attitude

About a week ago, on a Sunday morning, we got our second snow day in 3 months.

This global warming is really killing us. But I digress.

This time, the snowfall came overnight so I missed my favorite part which is watching it fall. Because it fell on SATURDAY night, I missed my second favorite part which is getting out of school.

I figured I should get to skip something, so the Ocho and I stayed home from church and sent Handiman by himself. Before you go thinking he's soooooo much more spiritual than us, just know that he had to teach Sunday School. Had his attendance not been required it would have been a different story, I assure you.

Of course, all that skipping church didn't do much good since the Ocho refused to play in it without him. By the time he got home a lot of if had melted already. But we still managed a pretty awesome snowball fight with some neighbor kids and gave our snowman a different look.

I give you SnowPunk:


The mohawk was originally intended to keep his hat from blowing away but it soon took on a life of it's own and we dediced to showcase it. And, I have no idea why he has Princess Leia buns for ears. Just another Handiman original.

We only enjoyed a couple of inches here but further south near our school, some people had up to 8 inches. This allowed us to hold out hope it might not melt away by Monday, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. That's OK though. I'm kinda ready to say adios to Old Man Winter. Thanks for the memories.

Now, bring on Spring Break!!!


post signature

2 comments:

HunaBob said...

As I sat on the patio and grilled supper last night, I mused at the irony that just a week ago, there was 3 inches of snow and some soaked, cold and smiling children in my yard.

I guess it's just the set up for an April ice storm in Tuscaloosa, but the change in the weather is certainly welcome. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Tammy said...

Yes, bring on Spring Break! Ours is next week and I actually got it off this year. WOO!