Thursday, April 23, 2009

The half that's made me whole

This week has been achievement test week at school and as a result, we've been dismissing at 11:30 each day. I'm not sure who invented the 1/2 day of school concept, but I will be forever indebted to them.

It is because of it that I have gotten laundry done, cleaned out my pantry and watched Food Network every afternoon. And I might have taken a nap or two.

I love that I haven't had one single afternoon of being tired or cranky.

And it's not just leaving work after only a few hours that has altered my mood. It's because I don't have to pack lunches for me or the Ocho.

Have I mentioned before how much I detest packing lunches? It wears. me. out.

And I didn't have to worry about computer lesson plans for the week. Holla!

And I didn't have to take Kindergarten to chapel. Sweet mercy and grace.

I must also add that God has showed boundless generosity by giving us sunny, warm weather to enjoy the past 2 afternoons. These are blessings I do not deserve.

Tomorrow we'll be back for a full day of school. But......IT'S FIELD DAY!!!!! And lunch is provided. And I get to wear my jean capris & a t-shirt.

I suppose I can consider this my reward for all those mornings I spent working the car line when it was 15 degrees and rainy. And I must also add that I found out my contract for next year has been renewed and I am thankful. Because now I know the truth.

I'll have many cold, rainy car line days to endure in my future. But joy comes on testing week.


post signature

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I was just wondering about that "little" contract thing yesterday... YAY!

Nicole @ Four Real said...

I HATE making lunches too!!!