Thursday, April 9, 2009

Spring Broke

Due to the dwindling economy and the lousy housing market (not to mention laziness) our family is enjoying Spring Break at home this year. Actually, Handiman is enjoying at work every day, all day. The Ocho and I are the ones at home. Come to think of it, she's not even home right now. She spent the night at Grandma's house. So technically, I'm at home. Alone.

And that, my friends, is what Spring Break is all about.

Don't get me wrong. We've had some fun outings. Monday we went to Kroger at 10:00 am. That used to be the norm for me but since I'm forced to shop now on Friday nights or Saturday mornings, this was indeed a special treat. I celebrated the rest of the day by watching TV and playing Sequence with The Ocho.

Tuesday we ventured out with Champ to the mall. It was a big time indeed. I hadn't been there in months and things were very different. My beloved B. Moss was gone. Justice was where Limited Too used to be and the McDonald's in the Food Court? It's history. What in the world is up with that? How could there be no Happy Meal options in a food court? It boggles the mind. It was so upsetting I consoled myself the rest of the day by watching TV and singing karaoke with The Ocho.

Yesterday was the day Grandma picked Ocho up for a day of shopping and fun at her house. That meant I was at home all day alone. Then Handiman called to say he was meeting some old work friends for dinner. That meant I didn't have to cook either. So, I headed to Target for some Easter Basket shopping and then over to Ross for some retail therapy. I was so exhausted from my day I had to come home and watch TV the rest of the evening.

Now, I don't want you to get the impression that I've been wasting all my time watching mindless shows. I've limited my viewing to things that educate or stimulate the mind. Like "The Hills" marathons, "The Daily 10" and "Cribs" on CMT.

This brings me to today. The Ocho will be home soon and begging me to do something with her. I'll remind her that I've already agreed to take her to the Hannah Montana movie tomorrow afternoon, so I should probably rest up for that.

I wonder what's on TV today.

post signature

1 comment:

Nicole @ Four Real said...

Sounds about as exciting as our spring break except I have to clean my house top to bottom about every 8 hours or so, do the laundry and fold it IMMEDIATELY and listen to my kids say, "Are we going to do ANYTHING fun this spring break?" I think just spending time with me running around behind them telling them to stop messing up the house should be a very memorable spring break. What do you think? :)