"The LORD will sustain him on his sickbed
and restore him from his bed of illness." vs 3
"A vile disease has beset him;
he will never get up from the place where he lies." vs 8
Not exactly the birthday encouragement I was looking for. I decided to move on.
I headed back to school knowing that the car line awaited me because the car line is no respecter of birthday girls. I also knew that my car thermometer read 16 degrees. Nevertheless I put on my happy face and my fuzzy hat and took my spot. Then a sweet teacher came out with a mug of hot chocolate just for me. She wished me a happy birthday and gave me a hug.
I received cards and homemade treats from some dear teacher friends and my 5th grade class even sang to me.
Throughout the day I saw message after message on Facebook. Some from childhood friends, high school friends, college friends, TN friends and scattered family members. And one came all the way from Ethiopia!
When I got home I was greeted not only by some cards in the mail and 2 presents on my doorstep but a freshly cleaned house. Today Eva the cleaning angel made her first visit. It is no exaggeration that I teared up when I walked through the doors and saw my shiny floors and spotless stove top. The Ocho couldn't wait to tell me "Wow Mommy! My bathroom has NEVER been that clean." Thanks. Thanks very much.
Once Handiman was home we headed out for my birthday dinner at Olive Garden where I defied Jillian and ordered the stuffed Chicken Marsala. Then we came home where I didn't have one dish to wash.
Then I listened to a sweet message my Mom left on our answering machine.
The best birthday gift I'll receive this year still awaits me. Our sweet librarian, who doesn't work on Tuesdays, has offered to work car line for me in the morning. May it be returned to her 100-fold.
My neck is still killing me, my tummy's way too full and it's only 8:40 and I'm yawning. Am I old? Obviously. Am I loved? More than I deserve.



1 comment:
Could you let your cleaning lady know that if she ever is just feeling like she wants to be charitable and help a stressed out, crazy mother of 4 get her house cleaned, I would never turn her away. THANKS! :)
Post a Comment