Saturday, January 30, 2010

What can I say?

I would now like to explain my absence here to the 3 of you who have missed me.

I've had nothin' to say. At least nothin' that seemed worth the time of typing it out.

I suppose I could have talked about the happenings at work and home but.......

Work is a taboo subject here on the ol' blog. Especially since I'm dealing with minors who's identities must be protected lest I be prosecuted. And some of the teachers occasionally stop by to read so I can't talk about my coworkers either. (Bummer)

And as far as home goes, most things going on in my life seem a little trivial. I know that's never stopped me before but I happen to know that many of the people who read my blog also read Big Nanny's and Alicia's. So my stories about car line and Handiman felt a little shallow compared with their experiences in Africa. (Heart-wrenching)

I could talk about TV but.......

I don't watch "The Bachelor" or "American Idol". So, I got nothin' to say about any of that. And "The Office" has been in reruns for an eternity. I am just a wee bit excited that "Lost" returns next week for it's final season. Then I get sad thinking that this is the beginning of the end and I don't want to talk about it. But I'm sure that will all change once I find out what in the world happened after that stinkin' bomb detonated. (Juliet? Dead? Really?)

I could talk about The Little Ocho and her many entertaining blonde moments as of late......

Like when she slept with her science study sheets under her pillow before a big test because her Daddy said it might help. Or when she was playing a board game and was asked to pick a number so she held up her fingers to show the number but also closed her eyes so she wouldn't know what it was. But it's not right to make fun of your own child, so I can't post any of that. (good parenting)

So, what can I talk about?

I could tell you that this devotional book I received as a birthday present from Big Nanny is amazing. (I highly recommend it.)


I could tell you that in order to keep my job at school I have to take 3 semester hours of an elementary methods course before February of next year AND re-write a complete curriculum guide for 1st-5th grade computer by March. And did I mention that I have no idea what an elementary methods course is or what a curriculum guide looks like? (stressin'. me. out.)

I could tell you that we found a house that is P-E-R-F-E-C-T for our family that we love and desperately want to buy. It's just the right size and is only 11 minutes from school. But we have to sell our house first. And if history is any indication that won't happen anytime soon. (Double Bummer)

I could tell you that the big birthday party for Robyn that I've been planning with my Peeps for weeks had to be postponed because of the big winter storm and it has completely busted our groove. (Major Bummer)

I could tell you that our family has big plans today to find a hill and go for a ride on the sled that Handiman bought approximately 7 years ago and has never been used. (Call 9-1-1)

I could tell you that my friend Tammy is planning a trip to Disneyworld and has the world's most obnoxious countdown going on Facebook. (Shout Out!)

So there. You're now brought up to date on my life. I'll be back tomorrow with pictures of The Wood Life's Winter Storm of 2010. Until next time....

post signature

2 comments:

Shawn said...

Love that devo book!
~H

Tammy said...

Aww, I'm sorry I was obnoxious! :-( But we had fun. Next time you can go.