I only had to work 2 days out of my normally strenuous 3 day work week. Snow closed us down on Tuesday but Wednesday we were back in session. This is big news because we were 1 of maybe 3 schools who opened up in all of Middle Tennessee.
I entertained myself most of the week by reading the frantic and desperate Facebook status updates of my friends who were trapped inside their homes with their children with no end in sight. Caps lock was workin' overtime by Thursday afternoon and I, for one, thoroughly enjoyed it.
I finally got my hair trimmed after 4 months and 2 unfortunate do-it-yourself bang trimmings. Then I got really wild and crazy and scheduled my next appointment before leaving the salon. I normally just wait a few months until I can't take it anymore but as luck would have it 6 weeks from now I actually have PLANS and I thought I should have cute hair to go with them.
What plans you ask? Even if you didn't ask, I'm telling you. Remember how I mentioned dropping a few hints to Handiman about taking a certain someone to see Brad Paisley in February? Well, it worked. We've got 2 tickets, great seats AND I'll have cute hair. Now I've just got to work on making him think it's his idea to take me out to dinner before the show.
Speaking of dinner, another highlight of the week was having dinner with the Wood gang. We met at Outback Thursday night to celebrate Uncle Drew's b'day. It was during dinner that RubyDooby told the story of her older sister falling off of a desk the night before and breaking a few ribs as well as her wrist. And if you're wondering why a woman in her 70's was standing on top of a desk in the first place then you've obviously never met RubyDooby's family.
And last but not least, I won the battle of The Doll Head today. And to find out what that's all about you'll have to tune in next week.....


No comments:
Post a Comment