Remember when I promised to post whether or not it was interesting or important? Well, today will be neither of those things. Not entirely anyway.
Let's begin with Saturday. I crawled into bed around 1:45 am after the Just Dance marathon at the Ellis mansion but strangely I couldn't go to sleep. That's because I knew exactly what daybreak held in store for me. The dreaded 6 page "The Crucial Elements of a Philosophy of Christian Education" paper I had vowed to finish by Sunday night. (Doesn't the title alone make you wanna eat a pound of cookie dough and cry yourself to sleep?)
I guess I managed to doze off because the next thing I knew it was 8:30. It's funny how I didn't really get a lot of sleep but getting up at 8:30 made me feel like I did. I'm easily deceived I suppose. Anyway, after getting up and trying desperately to find something else to do around the house I finally accepted my fate and locked myself inside the office.
I emerged at 4:00 pm with 6 1/2 typed pages on "The Crucial Elements of a Philosophy of Christian Education". And I demanded to be taken out to dinner.
After some celebratory chicken tenders at O'Charley's we came home for a little family "Just Dance" competition, which Handiman won of course.
Speaking of Handiman, it looks like he's finally on the road to recovery after his long battle with a serious upper respiratory condition known as The Common Cold.
I've tried to refrain from commenting on his condition here. After all, eye-rolling doesn't really translate through the written word. Just let me say this: He's spent the bulk of everyday, starting on December 25th, in the bed sleeping. And when he wasn't sleeping on the bed he was sleeping on the couch. And when he wasn't sleeping he was shuffling through the house coughing up a lung, blowing his nose and spitting in the sink. When I would suggest that normal people who get colds don't generally take this long to, you know, GET OVER IT, and maybe he should go to the doctor, he would whine and argue and say "I don't need to. It's just a cold". To which I would grumble "my point exactly!" and roll my eyes.
Well, on Dec 30th I finally forced him to go. They tested him for the flu, bronchitis and pneumonia. Then they diagnosed him with, you guessed it.....a cold. The doctor sent him home with 2 prescriptions and gave him the worst advice imaginable. He told him to GET MORE REST! I'm currently weighing my legal options against this so-called physician.
This brings us to Sunday. For the first time in 3 weeks, we attended church as a family. (2 weeks before The Ocho was sick). After a fun time with our 4th graders and a great worship experience I headed home for lunch and a 2 hour nap. Of course, I also had to enter lesson plans and face the fact that school starts this week. Not cool.
I concluded my weekend attending a special prayer time for some sweet friends who are leaving for Ethiopia on Tuesday morning. If you think about it, please pray for them this week. My girl Big Nanny is the leading this group and I'm sure she'd appreciate all the prayers she can get.
So, that's it. I wrote a paper, ate some chicken tenders, went to church, took a nap and prayed. And then I blogged about it. 2011 is off to a rousing start.


No comments:
Post a Comment