I got up this morning trying to think of something to post. I couldn't decide if I wanted to be witty & charming or serious & inspirational. I decided to go have our traditional Thanksgiving dinner with the in-laws and see if something struck me there. I figured I might have a funny story to tell. We got home a few hours ago and I still had nothing. I mean, I could make a list of what I'm thankful for but it wouldn't be anything you haven't read here before. So I decided to forget about it and do my usual blog rounds. I started reading all my favorites when I decided to check on Nancy French. She hasn't been posting much since her husband was deployed to Iraq in late October. I've seen her at school and had a brief conversation but nothing really substantial. I had heard from Lydia's teacher and a few other moms that David's location in combat was extremely serious. I was surprised to find a new entry tonight. Even more surprised at how close to home it resonated with me.
As I read her entry, which is actually an article she wrote for NRO, I decided to let her do the talking. Our circumstances in life are very different and I cannot pretend to understand what she and her kids are going through but the means by which God has chosen to work are sweetly similar. I'm thankful for a lot of things but tonight I'm thanking Him for His church, the remarkable body of Christ. And if you're a member that has reached out to my family, I'm thanking Him especially for you.
To read Nancy's article Click here and be blessed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment