Sunday, November 11, 2007

Painting the picture

Yesterday Rebekah's Rainbow splashed across the beautiful blue sky to the glory of God.

If you were able to be with us I hope you were blessed. You're presence there certainly was a blessing to us. I hope you know that you will forever be a part of something our family will talk about for generations to come. I know there were many who participated but were unable to attend. My wonderful friend Michelle was on hand to take pictures so I can share them with you. I've been trying to make a video to post so that everyone can get a glimpse of what took place. However, I'm having some technical difficulties so you'll have to bear with me. In the meantime I thought I would try to paint a picture for you.

Want to know what Rebekah's Rainbow looked like?

Giving your ice cream money to a boy who needed a drink
Taking time to visit an elderly shut-in
Sponsoring three children in a Nicaraguan orphanage.
Making a special surprise for a teacher
Giving a generous gift to our local children's home
Making your brother's bed everyday for two weeks
Giving your special teddy bears to kids in the hospital
Making a donation to Lydia's school
Spending your birthday money on a gift card for a friend who can't afford new shoes
Giving time to a ministry that serves single moms and their kids
Purchasing much needed equipment for a homeless shelter in Murfreesboro, TN
Caring for the kids of a single mom on Saturday's while she goes to work
Postponing housework to read to your kids and play with them
Showering gifts on a young family who recently buried their baby daughter
Cooking meals for special friends who have ministered to you
Driving a friend to another state for cancer treatments
Cleaning the house of a sick friend
Taking shoes to a friend who needs them for P.E.
Starting a Bible study in your neighborhood to reach out to the lost and lonely
Spending every night at church with out complaining so your mom and dad can go out to tell people about Jesus


These are just a few of the sacrifices made. Some were made and kept secret. Some I don't even know about yet. All were made to the glory of God. I'm humbled to think that Rebekah's short life could spark such a response. I pray my life would do the same.

Through Him then, let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that give thanks to His name. And do not neglect doing good and sharing; for with such sacrifice God is pleased." Hebrews 13: 15-16

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I can't wait to see the pictures! I thought about you and prayed for y'all all day long. There will be showers of blessings coming your way.
Love ya!