Thursday, November 8, 2007

A Happy Birthday




"When my heart was embittered, and I was pierced within, then I was senseless and ignorant; I was like a beast before Thee. Nevertheless I am continually with Thee; Thou hast taken hold of my right hand. With Thy counsel Thou will guide me. And afterward receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but Thee? And besides Thee, I desire nothing on earth. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. For, behold those who are far from Thee will perish; Thou has destroyed all those who are unfaithful to Thee. But as for me, the nearness of God is my good; I have made the Lord God my refuge, That I may tell of all Thy works." Psalm 73: 21-28

"Thou has turned my mourning into dancing; Thou has loosed my sackcloth and girded me with gladness; That my soul may sing praise to Thee and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks to Thee forever." Psalm 30: 11-12

“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For as we share abundantly in Christ’s sufferings, so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort too. If we are afflicted, it is for your comfort and salvation; and if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which you experience when you patiently endure the same sufferings that we suffer.”
II Cor. 1:3-6

"Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. More than that, we rejoice in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us." Romans 5:1-5

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woke up thinking of Rebekah. Can't think of a sweeter thought to start my day.

Love to all,
Gena

Ashley said...

I too have been thinking of you all day! PRAYING!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

...hope does not disappoint because the love of God has been poured out. Romans 5:5 has been on my mind all week as I've prayed for you and then to see it on your blog brings joy to my heart. Hope does not disappoint...Four simple words yet so rich and so full of truth. We're praying for God to continue to sustain you and your family. He will never allow the righteous to be shaken.(Ps. 55:22)

Nicole @ Four Real said...

We love you all and Happy Birthday sweet, precious Rebekah.