This one took a lot of advanced planning and careful thought. First I knew I had to form teams that didn't include spouses or certain competitive personalities. Then I had to come up with a list of things to do that would be fun, challenging and somewhat embarrassing without getting anybody arrested. It all came together nicely and I must give props to everyone for being so willing to put themselves out there.
These people were in it to win it.
Team One consisted of Robyn, Handiman, Trisha, KJ & JT. It's always dangerous putting Handiman & Robyn together. They act alot like brother and sister. They fight. They call each other names. They fight again. And they try desperately to beat out the other one when competition is involved, thus the reason I put them on the same team. From what I've heard the fighting and name-calling were out in full force anyway.
While most of the items on each list were different, 2 things were the same. The first was that every team had to sing a Christmas Carol at somebody's house. My apologies to our peep Ashley who couldn't make the party. Since she was home, 2 teams decided to carol her house and Handiman's was one of them:
While they were there, they decided to make use of her bathtub to check off another task:
Team 2 was made up of Big Nanny, Eric, Nicole, Rob & CoolShellyT. Not only did they also carol at Ashley's, but they sang the same song! Again, sorry Ash.
And here they are trying on shoes at Kohl's.Team 3 was Me, Steve, Andrea, Brian & Tracey. We were the renegades. We actually tried to carol at a stranger's house (not my idea, by the way). Once he politely told us to get lost, we headed for an old neighbor of Steve's. Thankfully, she was way more receptive. From there we headed to Target to try on hats:

And to Sonic for a little trip down the slide:
The biggest laugh of the night came when all the teams met back at our house to compare pictures and tally up our points. That's when we discovered the Great Christmas Irony of '09. Allow me to explain.
Besides caroling, the only other identical item that each team had to complete was taking a picture with a complete stranger wearing a Christmas sweater. Our team found ours at Target in the bedding department. Her name was Tammy.

Once were were back home comparing stories we discovered something unbelievable. Moments before we arrived at Target Big Nanny's team was there. And they snapped this photo:
I mean, seriously, what are the odds? Poor Tammy. She was attacked twice in the span of about 10 minutes by two different groups of deranged strangers wearing pajamas. And she never once complained. I heart Tammy the Christmas Sweater Lady. She will forever be one of my favorite Christmas memories.
Once we reviewed all the pictures and tallied up the points, Team 1 was named the winner. But really, we were all winners. We will carry with us forever the memories of Eric mowing down a little child in Books-a-Million and Steve trying to convince the employees of a fast food restaurant to allow us behind the register to snap a photo by touting his position as Administrator of a well-respected business in the community, all while wearing that ridiculous Jingle Bell Hat. And then there was Handiman laying in Ashley's driveway and curving himself the wrong direction while trying be the letter "C" in the word CAT. Nicely done.
If it's true that pictures don't lie then my friends and I are still 16 years old and completely out of our ever-lovin' minds. Merry Christmas Peeps!


3 comments:
LOVE THEM! I am going to steal them. Tammy will forever be a part of our Christmas traditions. :) Thanks for such a fun night! LOVE YA!
Look at me checking the blog! Notice the s-i-l did not bother Ashley with her sweet babies while her husband was off serving the Lord in another country. Bonus points to us for trying a stranger's home. Who knew someone would not want to be caroled!? We still got a good pic by his huge snowman and put him on the list for an ee visit by Keith and Rob. I can't believe the Administrator, Steve's, muddy/wet pants did not make the entry. He was a trooper. Shout out to Tammy! =) Thanks for a fun time, Teresa! (& Dave for having the bathroom completed - looks great!)
Love,
Tracey
I have to tell you that after I had two sets of carolers where I signed a line 2 times without reading what I signed, I went to bed... as I dozed off it occured to me that I might have just signed away my kidney's with this group... and for a few minutes I was really afraid =)
Post a Comment