First I want to talk about what an overwhelmingly wonderful Christmas we had here at the Wood house. Amazing food, sweet time with family, laughing and crying. And the presents. Don't even get me started on the presents.
Santa brought us a Wii and I'm officially addicted. I also need to ice my shoulder from all the tennis and bowling. That's no joke. I really do need to ice my shoulder. But when it starts hurting too terribly bad I take a break and pop in the game that RubyDooby gave us: Disney Sing It. I promise you've never heard the Jonas Brother's "Lovebug" until you've heard my version. And The Ocho can rock some Demi Lovato. Handiman has yet to partake but I'm sure it's only a matter of time.
Another favorite gift was my Snuggie. From what I can tell on Facebook 98% of the population got a Snuggie for Christmas. I hope their's are living up to expectation. Mine certainly is. I'm able to sit on the couch wrapped in warmth and comfort until it's my turn to bowl. Then without removing it I throw my signature shot and boom..... "Strike!" Then I return to the couch still wrapped in warmth and comfort.
I must say, though, that my gift from Handiman was my favorite. This year he was able to not only take me completely by surprise but move me to tears with his thoughtfulness and generosity. You probably think I'm being sarcastic and there's a punch line coming because, well, usually I am and there is. But not today.
He's arranged for someone to come and clean our house twice a month! I seriously cried for 5 minutes after I opened the card. Of course, it comes with the stipulation that if I ever quit working full-time, the cleaning lady goes away. And I don't have a problem with that. Because just the thought of not having to dust, mop and vacuum on the weekends fills my heart with immeasurable joy.
So, as you can see I wasn't lying. This Christmas brought abundant blessings. The greatest was celebrating our Savior's birth and all that His coming to earth has meant to our family.
But in the midst of it all I kept finding my mind wandering. Towards a friend who was remembering the birth of her son on Christmas day 4 years ago. The son she had prayed for years to have and only held for an hour or so on this earth.
Then I thought about a group of friends preparing in a few days to leave their families and all the comforts and riches of this country to travel to Africa so they can be the hands and feet of Jesus to the poorest on our planet.
And just yesterday I learned that a close friend's father unexpectedly went to be with Jesus early Sunday morning. And I stomped my foot in anger at God for doing that at Christmastime.
But He knows best. And I know that. Because that's what Christmas is all about. Without it, I might still have a snuggie and cleaning lady but Elisha and Sam wouldn't have the home they have today and those orphans wouldn't have a chance. I think I'll settle my thoughts right there.



4 comments:
One word "JEALOUS!!!" and not about the Snuggie! :)
I can't believe you have now moved into the ranks of people that have outside help to clean the house...I'm not even sure if we can be friends anymore.
This was one of my favorite posts. ;-)
Mel
HI Teresa Gosh I didnt know you could get a snuggie and cleaning lady all in the same year. Maybe next year. Anyway those snuggies make good counch covers for Katie the dog and Big Brock Tammy Faye Lab likes it too . Just deciding if I want to make leg warmers with the left over arms or scarf and thats why I'm called Craftimama. I know when you wear that snuggie all winter long you and Angie will want directions.
Post a Comment