Thursday, December 11, 2008

Snow Day!!!!!

Those two little words used to strike fear and loathing into my life. Now they represent all that is good and just in the world. If there was ever a time in my life I needed a day off, this is it. And ya'll the word just came down. SCHOOL IS CLOSED TOMORROW!!! Oh, there has been much rejoicing in the Wood house tonight.

The snow was completley unexpected, and not altogether welcome earlier tonight. The Ocho's school Christmas program was scheduled for 7:00 pm but around 5:30 we got the word it was postponed. Oh, she cried and whined and moped for a few minutes. Then we received an impromptu visit from Papa Gator and RubyDooby (who were already headed south for the big performance) and the whining ceased. After they left, we decided to has some fun and frolic time in the snow. It was big fun indeed. Made even more fun with the promise of what I was sure to come. I just didn't expect it until morning.

To my surprise I received an email from our headmaster announcing school was out on Friday. That's when the Ocho and I commenced to dancing and singing all over the bonus room while Handiman pouted and rolled his eyes. Apparentley there are no snow days in remodeling. Too bad.










post signature

3 comments:

Big Nanny said...

I just wanted to share this sweet moment with you right now. Until you've worked in a school setting, you just don't get the true meaning of a snow day. Congratulations and best wishes on your first snow day. There really aren't enough words to describe the elation that you're feeling right now.

Nicole @ Four Real said...

I am so glad that you and Big Nanny are having as much "elation" as you are having right now. Me on the other hand, I have not had ONE break this week. Micah home sick on Tuesday, Noah home sick on Thursday and EVERYONE home today. Ask me how much shopping I have done for Christmas? NONE! I am trying to have a good attitude about this lovely snow. You are much nicer than me too. I would not let the kids go out in it since our yard was a LAKE before the snow began and I am tired of everyone being SICK! HAVE A GREAT DAY! :)

Tammy said...

*jealous look* We got the failed forecast here!

But I am happy for you and sweet Ocho! Par-tay!

I am off until next Thursday so I have the house to myself too. So, in have a few no-Snow Days!!

*happy dance*