Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmas means never having to say you're sorry....

I'm not going to issue any sort of formal apology for my recent disapperance. This is the season of giving. So give me a break.

You should all know by now that even on a normal week I'm finding it hard to post these days. With the recent kick-off of the holiday season, it has become almost impossible. So I'm not sorry and I'm not going to pretend that I am. You can rest assured that everything's just fine here in Wood Life land, although there have been many bloggable moments in the past couple of weeks that have slipped through the cracks.

I suppose for that I am a tad bit sorry.

For instance, I've been the substitute librarian at school all week. I've been stocking shelves and checking out books and saying "SHHHHHHH!". It's all kinds of awesome.

Also, Handiman built his very own speed-skating simulator and set it up right in the middle of our bonus room. He thinks it's great exercise and truly a bargain since he only invested about $10 in the whole thing. He, of course, isn't figuring in the inevitable medical deductible.

In other news, the Little Ocho won a coloring contest at school and cried because she felt bad for the girl who lost. She obviously inherited the gift of mercy from me. Shut up.

Oh, you've missed alot indeed.

But there's not time to back-track now. Tonight kicks off my Sounds of the Season 2008 tour.

For some reason, my musical abilities are in high demand this year. I'm preparing to lend my voice to 3 church Christimas productions and 4 seperate school-related events, all in the span of 3 weeks.

And it all kicks off tonight with this:


Our church is hosting the concert and our choir is backing up Travis on 5 songs from his new Christmas CD "Ring the Bells" (a must have holiday CD. If you don't have it, get it.)

If you're in the area you should definitley check out the concert. It starts at 7:00pm at Thompson's Station Church and tickets will be available at the door. Just hearing Travis sing "O Holy Night" live is worth the price of admission. If what I heard last night at sound check is any indication, the whole evening should be pretty spectacular.

Speaking of sound check, I had a bit of a surreal fangirl moment. As we were taking our places I spotted Cindy Morgan and mentioned to my friend Julie how much I love her music. One of my favorites has always been "Praise the King" which I may or may not have sung as a "special" in church back in the day.

Imagine my surprise when she started singing it during rehearsal and invited our choir to sing along. Had I ever in a million years imagined myself singing that song with Cindy Morgan? No I had not. Pretty cool.

Until next time......



post signature

3 comments:

Big Nanny said...

It's about time!!!!!!!!!! That's it, that's all I got.

Tammy said...

You've been missed. And you should be singing a duet with Travis.

And I am gonna have to have a photo of Handiman's contraption. I'll wait for the pictures from the emergency room.

Nicole @ Four Real said...

YEAH! You're back! Ok, I am not going to comment on your gift of mercy. LOVE YA!