For instance, that Christmas party I mentioned that Handiman would be attending alone. That is the same party where, every year, we play that horrible white elephant game and end up with the worst of the worst present because Handiman actually enjoys trying to acquire it. You might remember the stuffed raccoon. Or the ancient tribal masks. I suppose this year it was only fair.
In my absence he was actually going for the good gift (crystal candle holders) but ended up with what I think might be the worst thing we've ever been stuck with.
A Thigh Master.
Yep. You heard me. We are now the proud owners of a Suzanne Somer's original "As Seen on TV" Thigh Master. Which we totally don't need for a number of reasons. Like the fact that I don't exercise under any circumstances. And if I did, we still wouldn't need it because we have that marvelous speed skating simulator in the middle of the bonus room which provides all our thigh-work-out needs.
Since it's not the kind of thing you can re-gift as a serious present for fear of offending someone, I suppose we already know what we'll be taking to the party next year.
As if the Thigh Master and the Sock Fire weren't enough, did I also mention that my Mom went snooping around a part of our church that is being renovated and promptly got her coat stuck in a locked door? Or that my mother-in-law fell completely out of a golf cart right in front of our church?
Oh, we're a refined bunch. And to prove it, tomorrow's Wordless Wednesday post will most likely provide photographic evidence.



3 comments:
http://blog.wired.com/business/2008/12/welcome-to-the.html
I won't say anything else.
Love you guys!
I am so sorry. I almost took home the "faces" since you wrapped them so nicely. Thankfully, the original owners wanted them back. I am not even going to ask!
I cannot wait until tomorrow.
And Mrs. Emma snooping around church....nah!
Post a Comment